User name anomaly by Dave

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dave
Out of curiosity and obviously off topic, but why does Dan's user name show as

http: //www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/member/DAN%40ADRIAN%20FLUX/?&ajax=true&height=350px&width=85%&

:-?

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 09:56 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Dave wrote:Out of curiosity and obviously off topic, but why does Dan's user name show as

http: //www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/member/DAN%40ADRIAN%20FLUX/?&ajax=true&height=350px&width=85%&

:-?

No idea why you should be seeing that, can you send me a screen shot, and which browser and version are you using.
Dans user name is DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 11:51 #2 

Dave
OK! Next time he posts and his name is in the list of recent posts, I will do just that!

(I'm on IE7 by the way!)

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 14:35 #3 

Dave
Here you go Mick, from the "Adrian Flux Insurance Services" forum

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 15:27 #4 

Dave
And while I am at it, a screen shot from this very thread!

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 15:32 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Looks like IE is writing the ajax code in place of the name, I'll move this lot into website feedback and we'll have a look at it. Have to say this is the first time it's been mentioned and does not show for any admins, otherwise it would have been addressed.
It may have something to do with @ symbol in the user name. Still shouldn't happen though.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 15:46 #6 

Duncan
It depends on OS or browser for sure. On my win 7 IE8 machine at home its fine. At work with XP and IE 7 I see the same. Never thought it important, rather an anomoly of my old IE at work.

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 16:12 #7 

Dave
As a bit of extra feedback, I've just tried on Firefox and Dan's name displays fine on there :)

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 18:23 #8 

SpongeBob
As Mick says, it may have something to do with the "@" symbol in Dan's username. I'll look into it but for now it's not a show-stopper so I don't think the universe will crumble around us just yet ;)

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 15:05 #9 

Dave
SpongeBob wrote:I'll look into it but for now it's not a show-stopper so I don't think the universe will crumble around us just yet ;)

Ooh, I dunno, best to be safe! :mrgreen:

TBH, I also suspected the @ character. I get similar issues on other forums when using the uk_dave&gill username, in this case down to the & character......

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 15:44 #10