Update on the 190 by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Morning all,

Just got off the phone to Dad, who's been doing some work on the 190 this weekend. (gutted I am still in Wales!)

The source of the oil leak was traced back to a cam seal that had blown, so yesterday the enigne bay was all cleaned, new seals, cam bolts (as the previous ones had been reused and loc-tited in) and a new timing belt. (one of the smaller ones - where the leak was.) Invoices show that the belts were done by a well known garage last year, so the belts that were no where near the affected area will be left for the time being.

The car also had an airlock in the cooling system which has been cleared.

Today the car is going to have the oil and filter replaced and heated washers fitted as the wheel arch liner is out. The car appears to have done 79k on it's original clutch, so we have one ready incase, but we want to make sure that the engine is servicable first. The brake pipes are also going to be inspected today as well as the previous owner was told they'd fail an MOT.

Hopefully get hold of a VIS (Variable Intake System) tester at some stage to check them over too. Interestingly the car has had it's exisitng projectors converted to Xenons using new internals, transformers etc. It also has a powerflow back box.

Although we're not in the clear with it yet, we've gotten somewhere. Lewis has also managed to source for me ( :hail: ) a complete hi-line, immaculate trophy monaco's and a boomering spoiler for the car too.

Thanks to all for your advice on the issues I've asked about so far! :clap: all what part of being part of a community is about! :)

Jake

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 10:56 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Your dad is an absolute diamond. Well done Roland. :)

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 11:01 #2 

JakeWilson
Mick wrote:Your dad is an absolute diamond. Well done Roland. :)

I shall be furnishing him with many a Stella when I get back. :)

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 11:11 #3 

Martin
yep you have a goodun there ..........so Carls under his and your dads over yours...........there's something about that statement but I can't put my finger on it :? ......................... :lol: Soon be home Jake :cheers:

Martin
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 12:36 #4 

Zeb
Jake. I still have the Community VIS tester here... we need to organise summat so you can make use of it.. ;)

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 12:39 #5 

Martin
I'll be over.......................
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 12:47 #6 

RichardGarner
:iagree: I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing it :mrgreen: !!!

Sadly a lack of funds meant that one you sent me a link to got away :cry: Maybe in a couple of months...

Posted 21 Mar 2011, 19:52 #7