Unhappy by persuer (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

persuer
Just washed my beloved 75 and noticed that all my work colleagues do not appreciate such a fine piece of machinery as I do. It is covered in scratches :mad1: where people have decided to walk past my car and scrape their bag up BOTH sides of my car !!!!!! and also use my doors as their door stop. Grrrrrrrrrrr !!!.
That's it moan over lol

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 11:28 #1 

starbug2
no matter how well you park a car some one can do it harm.........

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 13:05 #2 

raistlin
Have you ever noticed that when you park in the middle of a completely empty part of a huge car park, when you return, there is a cluster of cars all parked around yours, and usually leaving little or no space to open the doors as well... and the rest of the car park is still empty.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 14:12 #3 

Jürgen
Richard, I can understand your displeasure. It must be a law of nature what Paul has mentioned. When I had just got the predecessor of my 75, I parked way down at the end of the car park, far away from the entrance and any other vehicle. After finishing my shopping I returned to my car, still no other car around. But some moron must have parked very close nearby, because there was a dent in one of the doors. :mad1:

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 14:32 #4 

persuer
I know Paul and Jürgen it's that I just wish some people would have the same respect for my car as I do for anybody else's.

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 14:59 #5 

Jürgen
Yes, Richard, there are too many egoists nowadays.

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 15:35 #6 

Borg Warner
Parked San's Rav4 at then then local Hospice, someone pulled up next to us and opened their door smartly into it. Now my wife takes no prisoners in such circumstances and immediately jumped out and confronted the said plonkers who denied their actions. Fortunately the Rav is somewhat urban proof in such situations and and they had simply caught the generous plastic strips so no damage - irrelevant. However the weren't bothered one iota. If it had been damaged I firmly believe their head would have been used to remove any dents.

We all work hard for our pride and joys; I do wish other people would have some semblance of respect for other people's property. I do. Hope the damage is not too bad Persuer and that it will polish out.

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 18:08 #7 

Bernard
I might have posted this before but I left my car on the end bay completely alone and this is what I came back to find.
Bear in mind there are no cars in the next 8 bays to the left. It can only have been a deliberate cynical act as he had marked my door when he opened his.

I waited some time but as I was increasingly fuming, I thought it better to go, I didn't want a charge of assault against me.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 19:27 #8 

Duncan
Mondeo. What else to say?

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 19:28 #9 

Borg Warner
Would have been tempted to let all four tyres down and removed the valves.

Only tempted.....

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 22:21 #10 

red5
the temtation would have been to big for me i'm afraid to say, i would have done it !

Posted 22 Aug 2012, 14:20 #11 

springy
Fat people tumbling out of 4x4's are the biggest problem. A, parking slots are not wide enough for them, B, they have to have the door fully open to pass through. So give 4x4's a miss, and any 2 door car as their doors are so much bigger they can reach half way into the next bay !

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 07:03 #12 

Duncan
I beg to differ. Peoples size has nothing to do with them not giving a monkeys about other people and their property, nor their parking skills.

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 07:52 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The last time somebody tried to damage my car in a car park I was actually sitting in my car.
Oldish couple pulled up in the nearside bay next to mine, I say oldish, not much older than me. I had fortunately swung into my spot and left my steering on full right lock. The person, and I use the term loosely, parked close enough to have done serious damage to my nearside door, however, he had parked in such a way that as he threw his door open it struck my front tyre, he tried several times to move my car out of his way with his door. Eventually realising (maybe) that it wasn't going to work and managed to squeeze himself out of his car and waddle off.
For a moment or two I thought he had damaged my car but realised what was happening before jumping out and smashing his car up with the hammer that resides in my boot.
Just goes to show what some cretins will do. rather than move to a spot or park sensibly where he could open his door, he was prepared to bash the car next to him several times, regardless of any consequences. Perhaps I should have disabled his car permanently, one less moron on the road.

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 09:00 #14 

Jumper
raistlin wrote:Have you ever noticed that when you park in the middle of a completely empty part of a huge car park, when you return, there is a cluster of cars all parked around yours, and usually leaving little or no space to open the doors as well... and the rest of the car park is still empty.

I have a theory that it is all to do with two things:

1/ a field of magnetic influence drawing salletic (of satellites?) bodies to it in the
hope of gaining kudos/grandeur
2/ the paying of Homage to superior entities by 'clustering'.

They gather so closely so they rub against, with the intent of gathering some of the magic like worker bees around the queen.

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 11:22 #15 

stevesav
I don't take my car to the supermarket, we always go there in the wife's Suzuki Jeep which is our work horse lol.And now she has just bought a lovely MGF she will understand more why I wont go there in my car lol, & as we are keeping the Jeep as well it will be no problem:).

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 12:41 #16 

Bermudan 75
You need to return to the car park with a bigger vehicle than your beloved 75/ZT and get your revenge
+
+
+
+
+
+

Works for me ! :whump:

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 17:31 #17 

Jürgen
That's the only way some people will learn to respect the property of others! :mrgreen:

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 18:49 #18 

Dave Goody
Something to remember though,
Use the opposite theory to Tescos when parking in Airport car parks.
In an airport car park, you park as close to other vehicles as poss. If you leave a large gap it will be used as a shortcut by people with a large bag with Zips on in each hand trying to get to the bus stop in a hurry. Result, scratches along the length of the car

Posted 31 Aug 2012, 14:38 #19 

Patrick
Bernard wrote:I might have posted this before but I left my car on the end bay completely alone and this is what I came back to find.
Bear in mind there are no cars in the next 8 bays to the left. It can only have been a deliberate cynical act as he had marked my door when he opened his.

I waited some time but as I was increasingly fuming, I thought it better to go, I didn't want a charge of assault against me.

Sorry and don't want to cause offense but surely it is hypocritical to park way out of your bay and then drip like a Chief Stoker that the next car has parked slightly out of theirs. (might be worth reading Matthew 7:3!)

Posted 31 Aug 2012, 15:43 #20