Unhappy by persuer (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
Patrick wrote:
Bernard wrote:I might have posted this before but I left my car on the end bay completely alone and this is what I came back to find.
Bear in mind there are no cars in the next 8 bays to the left. It can only have been a deliberate cynical act as he had marked my door when he opened his.

I waited some time but as I was increasingly fuming, I thought it better to go, I didn't want a charge of assault against me.

Sorry and don't want to cause offense but surely it is hypocritical to park way out of your bay and then drip like a Chief Stoker that the next car has parked slightly out of theirs. (might be worth reading Matthew 7:3!)

What rubbish! I was not encroaching on another bay and the Mondeo driver had gone out of his way to damage my car.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 31 Aug 2012, 17:59 #21 

Patrick
I do hope you are getting some professional help for your apparent paranoia. The Cortina driver is surely doing no more than you were in trying to maximise the space between his car and others. Indeed the space between your two cars are much more than you would have had if you had both parked properly. The hatching that you have so inconsiderately covered is surely there to allow cars turning right to get a good view of the road before moving off as these sorts of areas outside a supermarket can have children running around. I am sure you consider the sacred nature of your car takes precedent over the safety of children but also suspect then not many would agree with this point of view…..

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 16:12 #22 

Jürgen
Patrick wrote:The Cortina driver is surely doing no more than you were in trying to maximise the space between his car and others.

No, because he managed to damage Bernards car, not leaving a note or doing anything a decent person would have done.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 16:50 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Patrick wrote:I do hope you are getting some professional help for your apparent paranoia. The Cortina driver is surely doing no more than you were in trying to maximise the space between his car and others. Indeed the space between your two cars are much more than you would have had if you had both parked properly. The hatching that you have so inconsiderately covered is surely there to allow cars turning right to get a good view of the road before moving off as these sorts of areas outside a supermarket can have children running around. I am sure you consider the sacred nature of your car takes precedent over the safety of children but also suspect then not many would agree with this point of view…..

I sincerely hope that in the fullness of time your own vehicle is damaged by someone as caring as yourself. And, contrary to your pompous opinion most owners on these boards will agree with Bernard and not you.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 17:17 #24 

persuer
I'm sorry Patrick but ......... :iagree:

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 17:39 #25 

Bernard
Patrick wrote:I do hope you are getting some professional help for your apparent paranoia. The Cortina driver is surely doing no more than you were in trying to maximise the space between his car and others. Indeed the space between your two cars are much more than you would have had if you had both parked properly. The hatching that you have so inconsiderately covered is surely there to allow cars turning right to get a good view of the road before moving off as these sorts of areas outside a supermarket can have children running around. I am sure you consider the sacred nature of your car takes precedent over the safety of children but also suspect then not many would agree with this point of view…..

I was recovering quite nicely, thanks for your concern. That is until you came along trolling this forum and given me a bad relapse. Why don't you go to an owners' club forum where I'm sure you will be greeted by like minded stirrers.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 19:36 #26 

Bermudan 75
:iagree:

Well said Bernard & Mick.

Mike

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 20:04 #27 

JakeWilson
Rover418275 wrote::iagree:

Mike

Yes, well said!

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 20:09 #28 

Chartermark
Well played Mike, and I absolutely agree with you Bernard - I will never visit the other place again, due to an equally patronising response on Sunday, which still leaves me fuming. Who wants to be provoked by such bigots

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 21:46 #29 

starbug2
JakeWilson wrote:
Rover418275 wrote::iagree:

Mike

Yes, well said!

agreed

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 21:57 #30 

persuer
Now even more unhappy now as I have been at the hospital the wife took the 75 to pick the kids up from school and somebody squeezed passed the car and decided to take the paint off the front bumper on the nearside corner and then speed off when my wife was sat in the car !!!! ........ Now I am on a womanhunt ( as the wife said it was a female driving ).

Posted 14 Sep 2012, 05:41 #31 

Borg Warner
I'm a little beyond the capacity for rational thought on Patrick's post. We work very hard for our cars and I for one consider other people's vehicles when I park next to them; hopefully they will reciprocate.

Likewise Martin, sadly I keep being drawn back. Does anyone know a good therapists???

Posted 14 Sep 2012, 09:14 #32 

MGBev
:twisted: I can relate to bad parkers as well. At work I park in a car park with no lines so it is easy to park with a good space next to the car you choose to park next to. However you will get some prat parking way too close. A woman in a 4 x 4 was one culprit who very often used to park next to me, instead of moving it a bit she would squeeze herself out of the car, not damaging my or anything thankfully. When she'd gone I would promptly park somewhere else in case she had an equally hard time getting in her car later. These people can't have any thought for their own car either because they are doing damage to their's as well!

Posted 14 Sep 2012, 14:29 #33 

Wheelnut
As for car parks and the thousands of idiots driving out there, my philosophy is expect the worse, and if it don't happen, well then your having a good day. as for other forums, I too get cross at the stupid and rude answers, happy to say, so far not on here, it's the new Rover owners and those without mechanical knowledge that we should help the most, like me :hail: :clap: :confused:
Have a trip down memory lane!
On our website
http://www.pastreunited.com/.

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 07:20 #34 

Jumper
I reckon the real problem has not yet been mentioned. Quite apart from the intemperate rebuttal to the OP, which I agree was somewhat mocking and might have benefitted from 'sleeping on' before posting (!), the space allotted in general to supermarket and other car parks is
a) hopelessly inadequate
b) designed entirely to benefit supermarket footfall.

However, they could do it if they wanted to. Witness the additional space allocated to drivers with children - a hatched area either side. All doors may be fully opened without danger (unless the next car has theirs open too). These spaces are extensively used by cars not carrying children. Although it's private land, is that a parking offence?

True, most of us devote a considerable amount of time to the upkeep and appearance of the cars but others don't. But, if I may say, to resort to denigrating others in excoriating terms, whom you may never have met, seems unproductive.

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 11:10 #35 

raistlin
Jumper wrote: Although it's private land, is that a parking offence?

No, but the land owner gives you permission to park on their land and can just as easily withdraw that permission.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 16:35 #36 

Jumper
If I were a member receiving a post so presumptive and scathing I might have replied with the following, in the hope that it would be received in the spirit in which it was sent - that is politely, courteously, and with the intended implication that it was offered as a gentle reminder about differing views being tolerated:

Thank you for your presumably unintentional and unfortunately ungrammatical opinions, appreciatively received: although the lack of tense awareness renders your reply somewhat difficult fully to understand.

Also, I was totally unaware of your apparent qualifications in Psycho-analysis. I congratulate you on your previously undeclared successive academic achievements and would enquire where your triumphs were celebrated and recorded, and any agencies that may have considered your pronouncements fit for publishing in their august journals.

I also salute your apparent and stunning psychic powers in discerning the direction of traffic flow in a place devoid of any indicators. And I do sincerely thank you for your heartfelt diagnosis of my alleged mental dysfunction and your hopes for my treatment and subsequent rehabilitation..

I also applaud your prescience in being able to infiltrate the mind of the other party mentioned in my post. To assume knowledge of a third party’s mind, whom you have never met and have manifestly no knowledge of, is magnificent in its presumptuous guesswork. Additionally I thank you for, again your, assumption that my car has sacred nature status, and that I have only a secondary and subordinate consideration for the lives of innocent children.

In the case of your last sentence, may I respectfully inform you that I was not seeking the support of others.

Finally, may I say I value input of reasonably polite and courteous fellow members, whatever their views or academic achievements may be.

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 11:31 #37 

Chartermark
Jumper wrote:However, they could do it if they wanted to. Witness the additional space allocated to drivers with children - a hatched area either side. All doors may be fully opened without danger (unless the next car has theirs open too). These spaces are extensively used by cars not carrying children. Although it's private land, is that a parking offence?

I used to go shopping at Tesco 'Clacton' a real mecca of fat, be-leggined, tattoed women, with a spawn of horrid children, thoughtlessly flinging open the escape hatches of their 'Chav Tiger Tanks' ('92 Vauxhall Frontera's etc).

When my very elderly dad was staying with me I used to drive him about in his '55 Bentley 'R' type continental, a real trip down memory lane for us both. He'd had it from new, but sadly was beyond handling it for the last 15 years of his life, so I became the 'chauffeur', complete with a 'U' boat commander's hat! We'd 'moor' it in the 'Parents with Child' parking area, carefully upgrade of trolleys etc.

Alighting, with me holding the door, he'd view these 'future citizens' with their pre-seminal progenitors and in his best rendering of 'Young Mr Grace' address them with 'You've all done very well', before getting his copy of the Mail and having a pot of tea, always with a scone.

We were never challenged sadly over our 'locus standi' to utilise the facility, but it gave us both a chuckle!

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 14:42 #38 

Last edited by Chartermark on 17 Sep 2012, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Jumper
Just delightful!

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 15:01 #39 

Wheelnut
Wonderful memory and one to treasure.
Have a trip down memory lane!
On our website
http://www.pastreunited.com/.

Posted 18 Sep 2012, 06:50 #40