Two faced, and yawning. by Jumper

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Jumper
Is it a lengthy and expensive job to revert from R75 facelift to pre-facelift (bumpers only)? Having acquired several bits and pieces in moments of magpie-ism, no idea why - because I could I suppose, it seems rude not to. And if one did, would it help to remove the yawn over the radiator?

Posted 23 Sep 2012, 15:08 #1 

Suffolk Man
the early bumpers are a better fit in my opinion.but the gap can be reduced by lifting up the slam beam plus the use of spacers

Posted 23 Sep 2012, 17:07 #2 

Jumper
I've tried raising the beam but without much success. I found the bottom of the light units baulked the bumper when replacing. I guess they can be raised, but wouldn't that affect the light beam height (MOT relevant)? I was also concerned whether the light fittings and fixing points were different.

Posted 23 Sep 2012, 17:45 #3 

Suffolk Man
light fixings are the same. as a mate of mine put a early panel the holds the lights on to a facelift off a very early preface lift cdt

Posted 23 Sep 2012, 18:33 #4 

Chartermark
If you do get round to it Ray, I'll buy the salvage for my chasmic membered model.

Posted 24 Sep 2012, 13:23 #5 

Jumper
Chartermark wrote:If you do get round to it Ray, I'll buy the salvage for my chasmic membered model.

If you have no objections young man, 'twould be preferable were you leave your model member out of this, orchasmic or otherwise. Or, as Joyce Grenfell might... - sorry, can't write any more, laughing too much.

Posted 24 Sep 2012, 13:49 #6