TV Volume issues - too soft/too loud - HELP ! by Trebor

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Trebor
I have installed a flat screen tv in one of my bedrooms and there is an annoying issue with the volume control, on setting 8 it is not quite loud enough but when increasing to 9 it jumps a considerable amount and is too loud - i need a cheap fix to get it in between the 2.

I dont want to be taking the TV to pieces unless i throw it through the window in desperation, so can anyone come up with a cheapish fix ?

I thought that maybe i could buy some external speakers with volume control and plug them in the back of the TV as external speakers but not sure if this would work or if it would mute the sound on the built in speakers.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Mar 2011, 23:06 #1 

Last edited by Trebor on 23 Mar 2011, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
External speakers with their own power amp would do the job. Not possible to say whether the internal will be muted unless you tell us what it is, so we can investigate the specification.
I use a pair of Edirol MA-150 connected to my computer, the connection does mute the internal speakers and I find the overall controls very effective. Although in this case I have three options, application volume, main computer sound out and the controls on the speakers built in power amp. Not at all cheap as they are high quality micro studio monitors.
Bear in mind you will be able to set the externals to a limited max volume and then use the on screen volume control, providing the internal is muted, if not muted then your original issue will remain.

Posted 22 Mar 2011, 23:42 #2 

Trebor
Thx Mick, think i will get hold of a speaker to plug in to see if original speakers go to mute before i buy
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 07:25 #3