"Traffic Cops" on BBC tonight by raistlin

raistlin
Did anybody see it?

I was wondering whether all Welsh Police officers are arrogant cowboys or were they all gathered together for this documentary :evil:

The moron on the blues and twos shout, for example, who collided with the uninsured driver, would have been found guilty of careless driving had that video been shown in court.

The breathtaking arrogance and bad attitude shown towards a driver who just happens to be relatively young was, in my view, totally unacceptable as well.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 22:06 #1 

kandyman
Maybe we should wait for JohnDotCom to answer this question ;)

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 22:20 #2 

JakeWilson
Was sat on the sofa with this in the background (in Swansea) and one of the girls I live with shouted, oh my god that's where I live!!

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 00:19 #3 

Mike
My two pennorth.................... a 17 yr old

1. TWOC's his mum's car
2. pulls into the rh lane at virtually same time as he indicates
3. likely never used a rear view mirror in his life (certainly didn't here)
4. probably only uses his ears for his iPod, certainly not for what is going on outside the car he had nicked

I don't want uninsured drivers like that sharing the roads with anyone else - hope he is forced to do a retest; the video imho backs the cop all the way.

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 07:06 #4 

raistlin
Mike wrote:My two pennorth.................... a 17 yr old

1. TWOC's his mum's car
2. pulls into the rh lane at virtually same time as he indicates
3. likely never used a rear view mirror in his life (certainly didn't here)
4. probably only uses his ears for his iPod, certainly not for what is going on outside the car he had nicked

I don't want uninsured drivers like that sharing the roads with anyone else - hope he is forced to do a retest; the video imho backs the cop all the way.

I agree with you regarding the fact that he was driving illegally Mike but his driving behaviour was no different to most people though.

The point is, he was indicating and was over the white line in plenty of time for a driver behind to react by slowing down and/or taking a different path.

It seems significant to me that at the end of the program there was the usual run down of what happened to each driver but this case was not mentioned, suggesting that the driver was not charged in relation to the collision so presumably, the supervisor who would have seen the same video, came to the same conclusion as I did.
Paul

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 07:55 #5 

Mike
Good points Paul,

The copper should have been aware enough to avoid the guy and the obvious sulking wasn't professional, esp. with a camera there! otoh anyone breaking the law, and in such a casual 'who cares' manner, I struggle to empathise with at all. It would have been a better programme to have been honest about the final result - now we are left to wonder whether the outcome wasn't mentioned because the coppers pressured the tv company not to?

Mike

Mike

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 14:52 #6 

raistlin
Mike wrote: anyone breaking the law, and in such a casual 'who cares' manner, I struggle to empathise with at all.

Did you like the way 'mum' stood up for him... until she was informed that she would be charged with 'aiding and abetting', a charge which almost always carries a disqualification. All of a sudden, her attitude changed :lol:

I can't remember whether the driver had a full licence. If he did he would lose it automatically and be required to start driving lessons again from scratch because he would have received a minimum of 6 points for no insurance, regardless of the TWOC, and could not possibly have passed his test more than two years earlier.

Fully justified it would be too. The arrival of that emergency vehicle at the incident it was going to could well have been the difference between life and death :evil:
Paul

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 15:14 #7