Traction Control Engaged Involuntary by Chuckles (Page 2 of 2)

PaulT
Or a photo of new one whilst selling used ones - or am I being cynucal?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 31 Mar 2014, 20:19 #21 

Duncan
PaulT wrote:Or a photo of new one whilst selling used ones - or am I being cynucal?

You may be, as I know the guy has quite a lot of stock from the factory. I got a brand new FBH (Fuel burning heater.) from him some years ago.

Posted 31 Mar 2014, 21:31 #22 

raistlin
If it is new, that's a heck of a lot cheaper than BoB want.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Mar 2014, 22:12 #23 

Trebor
Bought 3 diesel ABS (Antilock Braking System) pumps with TC from the same seller a while ago at £120 each for myself, Paul D and Devilish

They were brand new and a massive saving on Rimmers at over £600 from memory

Just make sure you get the right sort for your car by comparing the Bosch numbers as it states in the listing.

When i paid him a visit he wasn't sure which variation the pumps were for and said he only had the type he sold me ie diesel so he may have found others now, certainly worth an enquiry

The seller had/has lots of new oem MGRover parts which he had from Longbridge after the collapse.

Also check out my own thread on TC and you will find a report from Paul D on what Bosch told him re pump numbers when he phoned up to enquire
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Apr 2014, 07:58 #24 

Chuckles
I did drop him an email, but as yet no reply. If that is the price so be it… To have the car back in use is more important at the moment.
I will now scrabble under/over the car to find the numbers as the unit is still on the car. I was wondering whether to put it all back and "limp" around as it is the only vehicle available with a tow hitch (trailer full of rubbish for the tip!) and Mary is getting annoyed that I have commandeered her PT – she is grounded!
Chuck; Dorset UK.
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent! I now have its Granddad ... A 1963 P5 Coupe'

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 09:42 #25 

Duncan
Personally I wouldn't as one of the failure modes is the high resistance of the connectors causing them to melt, or worse.

You probably need to check the state of the terminals inside the connector, too. They may also be corroded and you will need to splice in replacements if they are. These could come off any 75, just a plug with a short length of wire attached.

Posted 02 Apr 2014, 09:46 #26 

Trebor
Chuckles wrote:I did drop him an email, but as yet no reply. If that is the price so be it… To have the car back in use is more important at the moment.
I will now scrabble under/over the car to find the numbers as the unit is still on the car. I was wondering whether to put it all back and "limp" around as it is the only vehicle available with a tow hitch (trailer full of rubbish for the tip!) and Mary is getting annoyed that I have commandeered her PT – she is grounded!

I dont think he spends as much time at the premises as he used to and i know if you collect anything he wants to know when you are going so he can meet you there, try phoning him on his mobile, thats what i did
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Apr 2014, 08:25 #27 

Chuckles
Thanks Rob, But he didn't have one, despite advertising he has???

Still looking for one!
Chuck; Dorset UK.
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent! I now have its Granddad ... A 1963 P5 Coupe'

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 09:53 #28 

Trebor
Chuckles wrote:Thanks Rob, But he didn't have one, despite advertising he has???

Still looking for one!

I got these:

01606 738873

Mobile: 07970 728666
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 04 Apr 2014, 13:38 #29 

Chuckles
Well the replacement ABS with TC is in............. and after much struggling it works - well the warning light is out!
I have only just connected it in, not bled off the brakes yet, but I wouldn't have thought that would have made any difference - would it?

Whilst underneath I could see two round multi-plugs by the front of the air filter mount. They are quite oily, so I will try cleaning them. I am going to run the car for a week or two, after I’ve bled the brakes of course, and if successful will attack the ABS plug and surrounding area to attempt to make it weatherproof.

One thing that was noticed, on top of the gear box under the battery tray was a pipe, which looks like it should have tube (about 8-10mm dia.) on it - any ideas?

Many thanks for all the pointers everyone.
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 09 Apr 2014, 18:46 #30 

Duncan
Bleeding the brakes won't make any difference to the light, no.

On the pipe, it sounds like a gearbox breather. That's a guess, mind. It may not be supposed to have a tube.

There's a chance the water is getting up the earth wire from the other end (the eyelet fixed to the body somewhere). Some Vaseline there would help prevent it!

Posted 09 Apr 2014, 19:22 #31 

Chuckles
Thanks Duncan, I will have to do an exploratory when the "fix" has been proved.
I have some clear silicone sealant spray used on PCB (Printed Circuit Board)'S to try and make the plug and surround area weather proof. A good coating of Vaseline is on the cards as well!
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 09 Apr 2014, 21:15 #32 

Trebor
Did you get the pump from RoverBreakers in the end ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 09 Apr 2014, 21:46 #33 

Chuckles
I bought one from a member of the 75 & ZT Owners Club in the end. (£63 delivered).

I have now given it run up the road, and looks good... everything doing what it should do, so the only thing I want to do know is smother the plug, and any other plugs and sockets, in weatherproofing!

Changing over the ABS was quite a struggle. Fortunately the replacement came in its frame so I could see how it was mounted. It is very tight on the car and although only one bolt released the unit I had to bend the captivated nut part, to facilitate access and removal. It could not be access from below, all from the bonnet. Nevertheless I got there in the end!

Thank you all once again for all your help.

Duncan your knowledge is unsurpassed and has taught me a thing or two on how the electrics is conceived. Fortunately twisted pairs are familiar to me as we link multiple Humidifiers (Master and Slave) in the same manner, never thought it would be similar in a car!

Thank you all
Chuck; Dorset UK.

Posted 11 Apr 2014, 06:12 #34