Toy (sorry, Model) Cars! by Dave (Page 1 of 2)

Dave
I was searching this afternoon for an old broadband modem, and in doing so, stumbled across three bags full of my old toy cars! Most of these date back from the 60's and 70's, so I took a few down to show to Gill, and then we decided to have a look at how much some of them might be selling for on eBay

Well, we have had a great couple of hours! :D

There's almost 80 of them, and we reckon that, all in, there's about £600 worth. OK, we have had to base our estimates on what they have been going for on eBay, but we have erred on the side of caution. Of course, it also depends on whether or not anyone wants to buy them, but it's nice to know they might be worth something.

Here's some hastily snapped photos

This is about half of them

Corgi Monteverdi, probably rare, hopefully worth about £18

Corgi Scammell car transporter, possibly about £25

Siku Ford GT40, possibly about £21

There's also a Schuco Opel Commodore, which looks to be worth £28, a Corgi Hillman Hunter Rally Car (with Kangaroo!) around £25, another but no Kangaroo (£19), and a tiny Lesney Triumph motorcycle, apparently worth about £20 (oh and really tiny Dinky Land Rover, about 2" long, worth about £12!)

Brought back a lot of memories, but very tempted to sell! :D

Posted 29 May 2011, 18:21 #1 

Last edited by Dave on 30 May 2011, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb
See my post on Jooligans..;)

Posted 29 May 2011, 18:30 #2 

Tourerfogey
Hi

The Tri-Deck transporter is easily worth £25, and as you say the Corgi Monteverdi (190) is relatively rare - probably get about £15 for that. The Corgi Breakdown truck looks like its got all its pieces (!) and should easily fetch £20 in that condition. There's also a turquoise Mini Countryman in your picture - this originally came with two surfboards on the roofrack and a surfing figure. Have you got any of the original boxes?

Posted 29 May 2011, 21:47 #3 

Last edited by Tourerfogey on 29 May 2011, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb

Posted 29 May 2011, 21:56 #4 

Last edited by Zeb on 29 May 2011, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Tourerfogey
. . . and the relevance of the FAB1 on eBay is . . . ??????

Posted 29 May 2011, 21:57 #5 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:. . . and the relevance of the FAB1 on eBay is . . . ??????

Ah now you see Dave and I are discussing this over two different forums...it gets confusing...:D Relevance is that I used to buy and sell a lot of the Corgi film / Tv stuff....and I have recently started again....is all..we were discussing advertising...though, this one being brand new (6 years old) I haven't gone to much effort..:)

Posted 29 May 2011, 21:59 #6 

Tourerfogey
Sorry - didn't realise that you were bi-forumlingual ;) or that another of your areas of expertise was Die Cast (Please convey to Dave that they are only 'Toys' until you reach the age of 18, they then become 'models' or 'collector pieces') ;)

Posted 29 May 2011, 22:03 #7 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:Sorry - didn't realise that you were bi-forumlingual ;) or that another of your areas of expertise was Die Cast (Please convey to Dave that they are only 'Toys' until you reach the age of 18, they then become 'models' or 'collector pieces') ;)

Expertise is restricted to only the film / Tv Corgis and Dinkys....you are of course, quite correct, they are collectors' items..:D

Posted 29 May 2011, 22:05 #8 

takestock
Tourerfogey wrote:. . . and the relevance of the FAB1 on eBay is . . . ??????

Ah, the relevance would be the seller ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 May 2011, 09:20 #9 

Dave
Apologies on two counts

1) Calling them toy cars (although, as they were my toys when I was a wee young lad, then maybe they still are?!) Anyway, thread title amended!

2) Not replying to anything above earlier - I've had no reply notifications! :-(

Sadly I've got no boxes at all, and not got the surfboard or figures for the Mini. Annoyingly the "Holmes Wrecker" breakdown truck is not quite 100% intact, as cleaning it today I noticed it's missing one mirror. Also I can't find the tailgate for the Tri-deck Scammell and I'm missing two figures for the Corgi "Astro 1 Experimental Car".... (I'm sure these must be around somewhere - I've been up in my mum's attic today but with no success, so going up into ours later!)

Btw, on the topic of dual-foruming, the other place that Carl refers to is Jooligans, and I'm sure that some of you are already members on there!

Anyway, off to do some more cleaning of Model cars now, and will try to get some more photos up later! :-)

Posted 30 May 2011, 14:13 #10 

takestock
Dave wrote:Btw, on the topic of dual-foruming, the other place that Carl refers to is Jooligans, and I'm sure that some of you are already members on there!

as if ;)

That would mean I was following you round on three fora just now :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 May 2011, 15:43 #11 

Dave
True, but Carl is already doing just that! (or I am following him, I forget)

Posted 30 May 2011, 17:37 #12 

takestock
Dave wrote:True, but Carl is already doing just that!

yes, I do worry about Carl's habits :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 May 2011, 17:53 #13 

Dave
After an afternoon's cleaning, here's some more photos!

Dinky Shado 2 from UFO (complete with two rockets which still launch!)

Dinky Chieftain Tank (again, still has one working missile)

Corgi Mangusta De Tomaso (with detachable chassis)

Dinky Ferrari 312-B

Corgi Chevrolet Camaro (removable roof, and slidey bits over the headlights!)

Dinky Cadillac (RCMP or Firemen inside?)

Dinky NSU RO80 (Quite chuffed with this. It has a battery compartment underneath and when you press down on the wheels, the headlights and brake lights are supposed to light up - Pic 1 as is, and Pic 2, with the headlights working after all these years!!) :D

Working headlights!

Ancient Dinky Land Rover (tiny!)

2 x Corgi Hillman Hunter (with one kangaroo!)

Schuco Opel Commodore (hoping this one is worth a bit!)

Matchbox Racing Car Transporter (this seems to be quite old)

Corgi Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (removable roof panels and pop up lights)

Corgi Ford Mustang Mach 1 (from James Bond Diamonds Are Forever)

Corgi Holmes Wrecker

And finally, Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion from Daktari He came with a set, but proud of him as he still has his glasses (and all the ones I have seen on eBay haven't!)

Posted 30 May 2011, 18:57 #14 

takestock
I recon there is some serious money there :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 May 2011, 19:24 #15 

Tourerfogey
It's definitely Carl we need to watch; he used to stalk me on the eBay forums until I was banned ;)

Posted 30 May 2011, 19:46 #16 

Tourerfogey
I'm not that familiar with Schuco models (other than the Rover 75s/MG ZTs ;) ) but the older syle Commodore you have only fetches about 8 Euros or so on eBay in Germany - might command a higher price over here though as it will not be readily available in the UK

Posted 30 May 2011, 20:03 #17 

Dallas
Thats a great find you have their.

I think I will have to go through all mine one day, I have five large boxes worth of my old corgi and matchbox vehicles plus my Tonka collection from the 70's.

I also have over 100 Subuteo teams that date back from the 60's, I think I'm sitting on a gold mine but I don't really want to get rid or anything yet.

Posted 30 May 2011, 20:29 #18 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:It's definitely Carl we need to watch; he used to stalk me on the eBay forums until I was banned ;)

And just LOOK at what ebay have done to those forums now!!!!! :(

Posted 30 May 2011, 20:34 #19 

Tourerfogey
Dallas wrote:Thats a great find you have their.

I think I will have to go through all mine one day, I have five large boxes worth of my old corgi and matchbox vehicles plus my Tonka collection from the 70's.

I also have over 100 Subuteo teams that date back from the 60's, I think I'm sitting on a gold mine but I don't really want to get rid or anything yet.

No, no, no, you have to keep them in your loft - if everybody starts selling them all at once the market will be flooded and the value of my collection will plummet overnight . . .

Posted 30 May 2011, 20:36 #20