Toy (sorry, Model) Cars! by Dave (Page 2 of 2)

Tourerfogey
Zeb wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:It's definitely Carl we need to watch; he used to stalk me on the eBay forums until I was banned ;)

And just LOOK at what ebay have done to those forums now!!!!! :(

The truth is Carl I think eBay (via Liveworld) always regarded them as an unnecessary expense and something of a liabilty - they didn't seem to appreciate that via those forums the members played a large part in policing the site and sorting out problems and queries that they would otherwise have had to have dealt with themselves - so much for that 'community' thing they were always banging on about. :(

Posted 30 May 2011, 20:38 #21 

Zeb
Er Dave... yer forum is broke....weren't me honest!

Posted 30 May 2011, 22:08 #22 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:
Zeb wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:It's definitely Carl we need to watch; he used to stalk me on the eBay forums until I was banned ;)

And just LOOK at what ebay have done to those forums now!!!!! :(

The truth is Carl I think eBay (via Liveworld) always regarded them as an unnecessary expense and something of a liabilty - they didn't seem to appreciate that via those forums the members played a large part in policing the site and sorting out problems and queries that they would otherwise have had to have dealt with themselves - so much for that 'community' thing they were always banging on about. :(

I think the whole ebay Q&A thing became too much of a liability for them.....far far too rebellious and uncontrollable....people actually said what they thought for goodness sake!

Posted 30 May 2011, 22:10 #23 

Dave
Zeb wrote:Er Dave... yer forum is broke....weren't me honest!

Grrrrr! It does this now and again (quite often at the mo) - think I need to change hosting company....

Posted 31 May 2011, 06:32 #24