towbar and fusebox connector by RoberB

RoberB
Hi
looking at fitting electric seats, but cannot figure out how / where the 50 amp towbar feed is in the passenger footwell fusebox. As i want to use it as a live feed.
can anyone help?

Posted 04 Jul 2011, 19:45 #1 

Duncan
The feed isn't in the passenger fusebox itself. In earlier cars it's in a separate little black connector with an orange wire with (I think) a green trace. On later cars it's the same wire, but just a bare metal terminal, no housing. On these, it's not connected at the other end, in the underbonnet fusebox. You have to plug it in once you have connected the end in the car.

In both cases, you find the wire in the region of the passenger fusebox, usually taped up somewhere.

Posted 04 Jul 2011, 20:06 #2 

RoberB
so i need to get a torch out and poke around down there. i thought it would shout out to me when i had a look, but the access is very limited and i can't get a good view. i will try again tomorrow with a flashlight.

Posted 04 Jul 2011, 20:23 #3 

Duncan
Easiest thing is to remove the glovebox. Far easier to find when you do that.

Posted 04 Jul 2011, 21:46 #4 

RoberB
The previous poster Duncan was absolutely right.
Found it taped up to the loom above and behind the fusebox. you *absolutely* need to remove the glovebox to access it as well as the fusebox bolts. The fusebox will then tumble forward, and there the connector as clear as day, taped up to the loom.

Posted 05 Jul 2011, 19:10 #5 

Duncan
Hey, that's what we're here for.

Posted 05 Jul 2011, 21:16 #6