Tourer Towbar by Trebor

Trebor
Can anyone confirm that a towbar from a tourer will NOT fit a saloon, i guess the brackets are different but would like to know for sure
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Jan 2012, 18:20 #1 

Duncan
They are very similar, but I believe it's all in the length as it were. I've been told a saloon bar won't fit a tourer, but a tourer bar will fit a saloon but stick out a bit (?) further than it should.

To be honest, probably best to get the right one. But since you have two saloons, one of which already has a towbar, I'm not sure why you are asking.....

Posted 22 Jan 2012, 22:02 #2 

Trebor
Thanks for the reply Duncan I ask because my zt has a Witter towbar but the detachable towball was missing so I bought one from a member on the club forum who was selling his towbar and towball but agreed to split and I bought the towball only .

The towball was the most expensive part as they seem to be in short supply so I then thought that maybe I should have bought the whole lot and fit the other towbar to the diesel and had one towball to use between the two but the towbar is on a tourer hence the question
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Jan 2012, 22:41 #3