Tourer Spare wheel well foam housing by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Hi folks,

Does the pre-project drive Tourer spare wheel well foam housing fit all of the Tourers?

Can't quite seem to get mine to fit.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 19:53 #1 

Duncan
Mine fitted in a facelift OK.

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 20:24 #2 

carlpenn
How did you fit them?

Did you remove the side panels? They sit on "Notches" underneath the Side Panels you see and are a little tricky, also you must put Drivers side in First then passenger, look at the front nearest Passenger seats and you will see what I mean :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 21:06 #3 

Bermudan 75
carlpenn wrote:How did you fit them?

Did you remove the side panels? They sit on "Notches" underneath the Side Panels you see and are a little tricky, also you must put Drivers side in First then passenger, look at the front nearest Passenger seats and you will see what I mean :)

Hi Carl,
Side panels? Not sure what you mean.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 20:18 #4 

Duncan
He means the side trims, the fluffy bits that cover the wheelarches. And yes, you have to remove or at least lift them as the foam bits fit underneath them.

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 20:24 #5 

carlpenn
My apologies for not being clearer.

The Foam Trim sits underneath the two Carpeted side trims, the wheel arch covers, over the Wheel arch covers are the "L" Shaped Plastic Trims.

To get the Foam trim fitted:-

Lift the Middle floor section up, the bit to get to the Tool kit. At each side are the Wheel Arch covers, to the floor are several screws, I think its 3 each side from Memory. Undo these and lift the Wheel arch covers as high as you can whilst sliding the foam trim section under. The Foam trim has to go over some Metal lugs if you will, you will see these with the Foam kit out :)

If there is enough daylight after work tomorrow, I will have a look on my Tourer and see if I can get Pictures for you :)

In order to remove the Wheelarch Covers completely is a Mammoth task, you have to remove the Loadspace Board, which entails removing the Rear Seat rests !!!!!!

I don't know where you live? Are you local to me? I am in Bilston, West Midlands? If you are local I can pop round next week and have a look for you as I am off work for two weeks starting Friday :D

P.S Can you post a bigger picture for us to see? Looking at the small one, it looks like they are fitted ok, but cannot be sure
Upgrades:

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 22:46 #6 

Duncan
Carl I agree with what you say, except it is possible at a fiddle to get the wheelarch covers off without removing the rear seats and loadspace board. Fiddly but possible.

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 09:10 #7 

Bermudan 75
Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply and the offer of help. Are you going to the 2 day Wolves nano-meet in May?
The job can wait until then.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 10:25 #8 

carlpenn
Hi Mike, Yes I will be there :)

Happy to help if you are willing to wait. Cannot get into the Tourer loadspace as its still full of snow at the back, perhaps I should have thought twice about where to shovel the Driveway clear too.........:P
Upgrades:

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 18:37 #9 

Suffolk Man
regarding the carpet sections each side if you fold them in as in closing a book they come out without removing that big heavy plywood board.this i discovered after taking mine out then struggled to get it back on my own.never taken it out since.this after stripping out the back of mine at least to or three times.

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 22:34 #10 

Bermudan 75
Might sound daft, but I assume that you must remove the existing foam on the left and right hand sides?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 27 May 2013, 18:57 #11 

Duncan
Yes, the foams swap out. On my 04 car there were slightly different fixings to the earlier pre-drive ones that replaced them, but it was a straightforward swap.

Posted 27 May 2013, 20:42 #12