Too good to be true? by MrB

MrB
Has anyone fitted a MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) from here? http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/Default.aspx?TabId=144&ProductID=606

Is this the correct part? Anyone know the correct Bosch part number?

Cheers

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 16:42 #1 

JohnDotCom
It is the one that would be required for your car,
I have one ordered to test and check etc to see if Genuine at that price.
They did respond and say it was a Genuine not copy so there you go,
but way under list price for the Bosch so that was why I queried it.
Should have a guarantee and be able to claim if faulty.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:13 #2 

raistlin
Do let us know your findings John :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 21:13 #3 

JohnDotCom
They will be posted up here after first few thousand miles, so may take two or three weeks. :)
Will also check the markings and assembly to a known boxed genuine.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 21:15 #4 

MrB
JohnDotCom wrote:They will be posted up here after first few thousand miles, so may take two or three weeks. :)
Will also check the markings and assembly to a known boxed genuine.

Good to know JDC.

Be good to have the genuine article for the price of Pierburg. Saves needing a MAFAM or Synergy 2 as well.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 21:33 #5 

JohnDotCom
You will still find the Synergy 2 a must have eventually not just for the extra power but the extra torque as well and if using a Automatic box more so as it stops it changing down so early on gradients etc so giving you extra MPG.
The Mafam section within the synergy will also keep a slightly out of Spec MAF running longer.
John

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 21:37 #6 

Rammie
I bought and fitted one from WCP 3 weeks ago and the difference has been great.

These are the pictures of the one I bought but it's solved a problem that I had with a flat spot when pulling away around 1500 / 2000 RPM so I'm well pleased, so far!!

12 month guarantee so should be ok for 11 months. good buy really. :thumbsup:

The part number I ordered was F00C2G2029, thats the Bosch one c£87 all in. That was just the sensor.
Brian

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 21:44 #7 

MrB
Thanks for the pics yertiz. Definitely looks genuine then.

Have got Russ coming with his box of tricks so will see what condition my MAF is.

Good to know these are available and working.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 22:07 #8 

CDTi
JohnDotCom wrote:They will be posted up here after first few thousand miles, so may take two or three weeks. :)
What miles are on your bus now John?
:ireland:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 22:27 #9 

JohnDotCom
It's done 188,000 ish now.
John

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 23:40 #10 

Rammie
MrB wrote:Thanks for the pics yertiz. Definitely looks genuine then.

Have got Russ coming with his box of tricks so will see what condition my MAF is.

Good to know these are available and working.

Hi, I think it is but very difficult to know really. I asked the question before I bought it and they confirmed, by email, that,
I`ve checked against our supplier`s data and I can confirm the original Bosch sensor F00C2G2029 is suitable to replace the sensor in your air flow meter.

Regards
WCP

So I bought one and, as stated, it's been an eye opener. My car has done 102k on the original MAF so was possibly due a change. A couple of other points: The date stamp on the MAF is 04/08 and someone did say that it is one currently used by VW but how true that is I'm not sure.
Hope this helps :cheers:
Brian

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 00:14 #11 

TimO
It must be remembered that an EU ruling recently allows anybody to purchase directly from the manufacturers of components where as before you had to purchase through approved dealers or distributors.

This could be why prices for these MAFs are at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Tim
:wales:

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 19:03 #12