Tobacco Smell Eliminator? by Bartonrover

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bartonrover
Had my V6 for 6 months and still the smell pervades the car and anyone who sits in it. Cleaned interior windows and tried cleaning leather seats with Glipstone - but I think need a real odour killer.

Looking at Meguiars version and also Autoglym's. I rate both brands - anyone had experience of these products or getting rid of the smell?

Posted 29 Aug 2010, 18:05 #1 

carlpenn
I used a Foam spray. You simply spray it on and watch it turn Brown with all the Tar and Junk deposits from the Ciggy's. Very gross.

It appears to have changed slightly and now comes with its own brush --

http://www.shopaway.co.uk/catalog/carpl ... ?cPath=100

The smell is overpowering to begin with and you may have to do it twice depending on how much gunk is in your upholstery etc especially on the lighter trim, but it does do the job :)

EDIT: I do not know how it reacts with Leather as the Car I used it on was all Cloth interior, so it may be worth checking before purchasing.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 09:31 #2 

MrB
Did you use it on the headlining etc??

Not sure it will work on leather, but a good leather cleaner should sort that.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 11:09 #3 

carlpenn
MrB wrote:Did you use it on the headlining etc??

Not sure it will work on leather, but a good leather cleaner should sort that.

Yes, I did it on all teh Fabric within the Car, Seats, Carpets and Headlinings etc. Does a good job, but as mentioned earlier, depending on how grubby the Trim is, it may need to be done twice.

It wont clean leather, but my comment was more of a warning as to I do not know if it will stain leather trim if in contact. I use Auto Glyms Leather cleaner on my car, works well and smells nice :P
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 15:14 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Buy some of this from halfords i used it on mine and it works a treat seems if you let them check it for you it may be cheeper but do not quote me on this Arctic.
http://tinyurl.com/yce823f
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 12:35 #5 

RoberB
If all else fails, try contacting a garage that does ozone cleaning. Expensive, but will do the job.

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 13:39 #6 

Skilrove
What's ozone cleaning?

I tried the auto glym smoke stuff, but the effect didn't last long

Posted 22 Aug 2014, 12:01 #7