Tinnitus..... by Zeb (Page 2 of 2)

Martin
Hi hope you had a better night, yes i think we all gathered the opening post was a vent for all the pressure and I am sure that I can speak for others when i say CARRY ON VENTING to us, we have collectively broad shoulders and will do whatever we can to ease your stress. Chin up , remember the 'ol stiff upper lip, straight back, look the world squarely in the eyes, and fall over :o Who said that ............. :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 10:10 #21 

Zeb
Martin wrote:Hi hope you had a better night, yes i think we all gathered the opening post was a vent for all the pressure and I am sure that I can speak for others when i say CARRY ON VENTING to us, we have collectively broad shoulders and will do whatever we can to ease your stress. Chin up , remember the 'ol stiff upper lip, straight back, look the world squarely in the eyes, and fall over :o Who said that ............. :lol:

Thank you for making me laugh Martin...t'is appreciated... :D

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 10:30 #22 

James.uk
Cheers Dave.. Yes it does make sense.... ... But I wont be doing it.. :roll: ..

Zeb, there is one good thing, next time we meet you can put me on yer "blind side" so you won't have to listen to me wafflin innit.. :thumbsup: :D

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 17:33 #23 

takestock
James.uk wrote:Zeb, there is one good thing, next time we meet you can put me on yer "blind side" so you won't have to listen to me wafflin innit.. :thumbsup: :D

Damn, James has sussed me :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 17:44 #24 

JohnDotCom
takestock wrote:
James.uk wrote:Zeb, there is one good thing, next time we meet you can put me on yer "blind side" so you won't have to listen to me wafflin innit.. :thumbsup: :D

Damn, James has sussed me :D

Think in that case you must have it in both ears when I see you Dave. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 18:25 #25 

rovernut
Hope you are feeling better now Zeb.

A friend of mine suffered from it a few years ago and was persuaded to attend a meeting of fellow sufferers.

They all told of their various symptoms and a little bit about themselves.... like you do at these things.

Several members were missing and upon enquiring they were said to be recovering (or not) from suicide attempts.

He became frightened to death and never went near the place again.... in fact I think it cured him as his bouts of tinnitus are now less frequent.

Not a funny illness I'm sure, but you gotta smile! :)

Chris

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 13:03 #26 

Dave Goody
I went to one of these meetings, couldn't hear what the guy was saying----? :confused: Dave

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 15:47 #27 

Zeb
Me? I will not be attending such meetings.... :-|

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 16:11 #28 

Dave Goody
And neither would I. The last thing I want to do if I am fed up with insane noises in my head or the room spinning around is to listen to 10 other people telling me how depressed they are with their symptoms.
I need cheering up, not being made to feel even more depressed :D
Dave

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 16:29 #29 

Zeb
Possibly my opening post was not terribly helpful then Dave. :)

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 17:18 #30 

Dave Goody
Zeb wrote:Possibly my opening post was not terribly helpful then Dave. :)

On the contrary, I was actually surprised that so many people suffer from the problem. Being one of the old school I normally keep my problems to myself. I was pleased to actually talk to others about how they felt, but to go to a meeting "therapy" no way.
I often wonder how people with mental problems actually are helped by talking about them in a group? I think it could make some peoples problems worse?
It is sometimes good on a forum like this to open up, I couldn't do it face to face and guess you would be the same :D Dave

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 17:31 #31 

Zeb
You make some excellent points Mr Goody...I can only agree.. :D

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 22:15 #32 

James.uk
I phoned the Samaritans once, but halfway through telling him my problems apparently he jumped out of a window.. :shock:

That made me smile, cheered me up no end.. :lol: :lol:

Posted 11 Nov 2010, 02:34 #33 

Dave Goody
James.uk wrote:I phoned the Samaritans once, but halfway through telling him my problems apparently he jumped out of a window.. :shock:

If I was having a Menieres attack I'd miss the damn window :D Dave

Posted 11 Nov 2010, 09:36 #34 

takestock
Dave Goody wrote:
James.uk wrote:I phoned the Samaritans once, but halfway through telling him my problems apparently he jumped out of a window.. :shock:

Pardon ? :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Nov 2010, 14:58 #35 

Dave Goody
takestock wrote:
Dave Goody wrote:

Pardon ? :gmc:

What? can you stand the other side please? :confused:

Posted 11 Nov 2010, 16:11 #36 

Dallas
Carl! really feel for you, my Grandfather suffered with this awful condition but you would never know, he would hide it very well (or should I say fight it) he lived a good age of 95.

Thankfully I don't suffer the Tinnitus (touch wood) :roll: just this Neuralgia, I would imagine if my Neuralgia pain was a sound it would be in the form of Tinnitus. :hissyfit: I'm seeing the Oral Maxi-facial Surgeon in 2 weeks, funny that! the pain has more-a-less gone (been nearly pain free for 2 weeks now) hoping things are settling finally.

From the replies to this post there seems to be more folk that can identify with Tinnitus than that of my Topic 'Neuralgia' :shock: I thought Tinnitus would be less common. All folk that suffer Tinnitus really do have my sympathy.....

Posted 12 Nov 2010, 21:38 #37 

Last edited by Dallas on 13 Nov 2010, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb
Dallas wrote:Carl! really feel for you, my grand farther suffered with this awful condition but you would never know, he would hide it very well (or should I say fight it) he lived a good age of 95.

Thankfully I don't suffer the Tinnitus (touch wood) :roll: just this Neuralgia, I would imagine if my Neuralgia pain was a sound it would be in the form of Tinnitus. :hissyfit: I'm seeing the Oral Maxi-facial Surgeon in 2 weeks, funny that! the pain has more-a-less gone (been nearly pain free for 2 weeks now) hoping things are settling finally.

From the replies to this post there seems to be more folk that can identify with Tinnitus than that of my Topic 'Neuralgia' :shock: I thought Tinnitus would be less common. All folk that suffer Tinnitus really do have my sympathy.....

Dallas, I owe you an apology....I have meant to reply to your neuralgia thread.... :? ...and I will do so...

Posted 13 Nov 2010, 08:53 #38