Time to insure by kandyman

• Related topics: (no related topics)

kandyman
My insurance is due at the end of the month so I shall be giving AF a ring.

I won't post up what I'm paying now with my current company don't want AF to sneak a look and beat it by £10 ;)

FYI

I have a 04 Rover 75 LWB 2.5L with full NCB.

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 18:19 #1 

JohnDotCom
At the moment Direct Line seem to be giving some very good quotes.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 19:28 #2 

kandyman
JohnDotCom wrote:At the moment Direct Line seem to be giving some very good quotes.
Thanks for that John,it'll give AF something to beat :)

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 19:58 #3 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
Hello,

Did you want me to arrange a callback for you?

Dan.

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 10:21 #4 

kandyman
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:Hello,

Did you want me to arrange a callback for you?

Dan.

That would be good dan,

I'll pm you my home telephone number and the best time to call.

Thanks

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 11:13 #5 

kandyman
Just to keep the thread updated,

I received a call from AF, nice helpful chap.

At the moment they could not beat my present quote so have left it open for the supervisors to have a look over and see if they can get a better deal and then will email me over the costs.

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 17:42 #6 

JohnDotCom
Not forgetting cheapest isn't always the best.

What I have noticed on both House and Car Insurance if you reduce the amount you will pay in event of event, the premium only went up around £8 when the original quote was for £100 Surcharge Plus any compulsory. (In my case £50 each on House and Car Insurance total.)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 18:36 #7 

Ian_Stewart
Same time of year for me too.

Best quote I had by far (so far) this year was from Admiral, They beat the others by a clear £120. The excess was the lowest of all too (£60) - However, even with 3 points dropping off and an extra years NCB they were still £80 more than last year!
Admiral are also on some cashback sites too (quidco etc) but never count on getting that back - I always see it as a nice bonus.

Direct Line were a no - go as they wanted a kidney as well as an arm and a leg. - Ironic as I work for the group that owns them! - I'm apparently a young driver!

- Fancy a challenge Dan? ;-)

33 years old, 9 years protected NCB, 0 Points, 06 MGZT 135 Diesel.

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 08:49 #8 

starbug2
I'm still with swiftsure ,ADRIAN FLUX couldn't do me at a good price :gmc: , i must be a very bad boy :em:

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 20:22 #9 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:Not forgetting cheapest isn't always the best.

No but the dearest is not always the best.

With insurance the only time you know how good it is is when you make a claim - and if claimimng is a very rare event then you basically have nothing to compare with.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Feb 2011, 08:07 #10 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
Ian_Stewart wrote:Same time of year for me too.

Best quote I had by far (so far) this year was from Admiral, They beat the others by a clear £120. The excess was the lowest of all too (£60) - However, even with 3 points dropping off and an extra years NCB they were still £80 more than last year!
Admiral are also on some cashback sites too (quidco etc) but never count on getting that back - I always see it as a nice bonus.

Direct Line were a no - go as they wanted a kidney as well as an arm and a leg. - Ironic as I work for the group that owns them! - I'm apparently a young driver!

- Fancy a challenge Dan? ;-)

33 years old, 9 years protected NCB, 0 Points, 06 MGZT 135 Diesel.

Hello,

If you can Pm me your Name and Postcode, Contact Number and the best time to call then I will gladly arrange a callback for you and see what we can quote.

Dan.

Posted 17 Feb 2011, 09:49 #11 

DeuxGazoles
I'm on the look out for quotes aswell as mine is up for renewal this month I think & so far I've been scared by what I've seen due to my recent accident & windscreen claims
I could buy & insure another old Volvo for less than I can insure the ZT :shock:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 10 Mar 2011, 09:12 #12 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
DeuxGazoles wrote:I'm on the look out for quotes aswell as mine is up for renewal this month I think & so far I've been scared by what I've seen due to my recent accident & windscreen claims
I could buy & insure another old Volvo for less than I can insure the ZT :shock:

If you would be interested in a callback from Adrian Flux then please PM me your Name and Postcode, Contact number and the best time to call you.

I will also need the full Make and Model of your vehicle and it if has been modified as well.

Regards,
Dan.

Posted 10 Mar 2011, 09:39 #13 

stanningtonglen
Hi all, my insurance is due next month, all ready with A/F should be interesting to see what they quote as i had some one run into my car and drive off :-x last December £1700 repair bill plus my £200 excess

Posted 05 Jul 2011, 22:36 #14 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
stanningtonglen wrote:Hi all, my insurance is due next month, all ready with A/F should be interesting to see what they quote as i had some one run into my car and drive off :-x last December £1700 repair bill plus my £200 excess

Hi

If you would like for me to arrange a call back please pm me your details.

Cheers
Dan

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 08:36 #15 

stanningtonglen
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
stanningtonglen wrote:Hi all, my insurance is due next month, all ready with A/F should be interesting to see what they quote as i had some one run into my car and drive off :-x last December £1700 repair bill plus my £200 excess

Hi

If you would like for me to arrange a call back please pm me your details.

Cheers
Dan

Hi Dan..PM sent

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 17:55 #16 

stanningtonglen
Well just had a quote and its £659,and mainly due to having made a claim last Dec because some ### hole drove into me and then drove off. I have phoned around my self and can't get any where near it..For got to add a thank to Dan for his help ...THANKS DAN

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 14:11 #17 

takestock
Just spoke to AF re the wifes leon, lowest they can get to is £400 over her best quote !!!! pushing it well over £1000 :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 14:40 #18 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Dan
I had an email quote from your company which i may well take up as my insurance is due 6th oct sent them a reply but got no answer :confused: if you would like to PM me i can give you the ref number you could well get things moving for me Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 16:10 #19