Time for some aviation chaps!! by podge

podge
I thought I would post up a nice Yt link......this guy has some nice A380 video clips.JDC will recognize a few clocks too :) ................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOX8BT3r ... re=channel

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 20:30 #1 

JohnDotCom
Be nice to get back to work.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 20:45 #2 

podge
Thought you would like that John!............nice Flightdeck too.

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 20:47 #3 

SpongeBob
That's some awesome footage of a storm formation. :) I liked that :)

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 21:01 #4 

Trebor
how fast is it travelling, sorry but the dials are different to those i am used to, always looks really slow which is weird when it is obviously not
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 22:06 #5 

podge
The two displays show a weather radar to the left and artificial horizon to the right.On the weather radar you can see the the distance range marked at 80miles out then 120.VOR1 and VOR2 are showing 61miles to the next beacon(if the little arrow is pointing up it shows distance to the next beacon,down means from the last beacon).The really clever bit,is when the trace is selected towards the Anvil cloud,the lower scale shows vertical height of the cloud.On the HSI(artificial horizon) on the right you can see she is flying at Mach .841
Thats enough from me,I am sure JDC will correct any mistakes of mine!
These glass cockpits,all I used to use was a spirit bubble and a tuft of wool outside as a turn and slip indicator!!!!!!!!!!P..........Hanger Pilot!!!
Now whilst we are on an aviation thread............this clip got the guy into a lot of trouble...great bit of film........best not to ask how he did it.........very naughty!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DcoVBj7pyU

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 17:54 #6 

Trebor
Thanks for that Podge fascinating stuff, now let me see if Mach i as about 750mph in old money then the speed must have been around 630ish ?

That last clip is cool too, a superb landing, my bet is the cameraman was either 007 or Bruce Willis
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 19:42 #7 

raistlin
So where's the 'how many engines do we have?' gauge :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 19:46 #8