Thread subscription by Bernard

Bernard
Is there an option somewhere to automatically subscribe to threads that one has posted in?
It seems that I have to check the box at the bottom of the page for each. :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 01:26 #1 

SpongeBob
I believe the option is in your User Control Panel.

Click on User Control Panel and then click on the "Board Preferences" tab. On the left-hand edge you should see "Edit posting defaults". Click on this and then change the bottom option to yes ("Notify me upon replies by default"). Click save. That should hopefully do the trick :)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 07:05 #2 

Fred
SpongeBob wrote:I believe the option is in your User Control Panel.

Click on User Control Panel and then click on the "Board Preferences" tab. On the left-hand edge you should see "Edit posting defaults". Click on this and then change the bottom option to yes ("Notify me upon replies by default"). Click save. That should hopefully do the trick :)

Worked for me. :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 07:21 #3 

James.uk
I tried that. :D But it said I am not subscribed to anything! :hissyfit: :cry:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 15:28 #4 

Bernard

I had already done that but it didn't appear to work. It will have to wait until I post a reply in another thread now as I have manually subscribed to the others.
Oh, just one little thing- no <SAVE> button on the page, only <SUBMIT>. I presume it's the same thing?

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:16 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:

I had already done that but it didn't appear to work. It will have to wait until I post a reply in another thread now as I have manually subscribed to the others.
Oh, just one little thing- no <SAVE> button on the page, only <SUBMIT>. I presume it's the same thing?

Submit is correct Bernard. :) You are submitting your changes the software does the saving for you. :)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:40 #6 

Bernard
Appears to be working now but I haven't done anything different since last night. :confused:

Just one other related thing though- the email notification isn't at all hand-held friendly, you have to log in to the site to see the reply.
This is a royal PITA when on a Blackberry as it takes ages to find out if the reply is worth reading or not.
At least if one could see the reply, a decision could be made to log in or not.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:50 #7 

SpongeBob
We've also noted this shortcoming ourselves Bernard - hopefully there will be a solution but it may take a while to find one. We'll update everyone if an answer is found.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 20:03 #8 

Bernard
SpongeBob wrote:We've also noted this shortcoming ourselves Bernard - hopefully there will be a solution but it may take a while to find one. We'll update everyone if an answer is found.

That would be great, it's difficult enough with a handheld and I use it more and more. There are not many websites that are user friendly.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 20:09 #9