think i might get banned or leave the other side!!! by payner75t (Page 3 of 7)

Thomas 75 connie
See this is what winds me up people who don't know the full story or just making up lies. I have been on the other forum with the mods that are now here. And not once have we ever had personal attacks on people and spouses in your case jdc.all I have ever had was the upmost admiration for the mods that are now on this forum. I've never had a mod moan at me or anything so if someone got banned then they must have done something wrong. The other forum which mods I have admiration for aswell they seem to heavy handed with there new powers and we need this to be addressed. I and I'm sure nobody else wants all this bickering we are all in the same boat ie 75 and zt lovers. It seems that people need to grow up and be more level headed. This forum has a much nicer atmosphere than the other but I'll still be there.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 13:57 #41 

Zeb
This is what I said on the June 10th in response to Rover 41825 on THIS SITE.

I stand by it....with one caveat. That being the appalling behaviour of some mods. However, beware folks...they are trying to turn legitimate questions and frustrations into a battle between certain members and the mods...hence justifying removing those deemed as 'troublemakers'. Gents, do NOT fall into that trap.

Read what I said before:

Zeb wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:Freedom of speech has therefore been removed from other side.

However that aside, look at the success of the Wolves nano-meets, I attend my local Triumph meet, both are about people who are passionate about their cars getting together.

If the Triumph 2000/2.5/2500 Register with just 800 members nationwide have a PLI to cover all local and national meets, why does the 75/ZT OC not have the same?

It is not a club run for the benifit of the members but a club run for the convenience of the management. (As a Limited Company has anyone seem the accounts?).

I may well agree with aspects of that....that said, making life difficult for the mods...who are members and volunteers remember..and who do not get a say as to what the limited Company does...is not the way to change things at all...why alienate the very people who attend meets? What the management do or do not do over there is an entirely separate matter and should not be confused with either the mods nor the members. Freedom of speech in this context is neither here nor there...a sense of responsibility to fellow members maybe should be the uppermost consideration..

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 13:59 #42 

payner75t
the whole problem is exasparated by the fact that the directors are not doing anything about it.
as i said prieviously they appear to have gone into hiding!!!
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 14:02 #43 

Thomas 75 connie
payner75t wrote:the whole problem is exasparated by the fact that the directors are not doing anything about it.
as i said prieviously they appear to have gone into hiding!!!

Exactly it needs some enforcing

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 14:04 #44 

payner75t
getting seriously peed off with the other side .it seams even other members have decided to stop freedom of speach!!!! :confused:

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 15:33 #45 

Zeb
payner75t wrote:getting seriously peed off with the other side .it seams even other members have decided to stop freedom of speach!!!! :confused:

Go spend some time on the mellow thread...you'll feel better.

People just need to focus on what has been the REAL problem over the last few years...the inactivity, inertia and incapacity to make decisions of the Directors....everything else is just a sideshow. But they are trying to make it appear as though this is all sour grapes from people here. It isn't. I have email exchanges going back to 2008 making the same points I have been making. I asked the same sort of questions from the old mods as I have the new mods. However, if they can convince poeple it is just 'troublemakers'...they get rid of us and carry on the way they are.....tempting though it is to let them, I wouldn't want to let down club members.

Oh, and you'll note I have made no comment on Mr Buttyman's assertions.....(he was well 'facilitated' though I note.) He is an irrelevance. The mods attempting to sow the seeds of discord are irrelevant. It is the members that count...

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 15:39 #46 

Last edited by Zeb on 06 Jul 2010, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

payner75t
Zeb wrote:
payner75t wrote:getting seriously peed off with the other side .it seams even other members have decided to stop freedom of speach!!!! :confused:

People just need to focus on what has been the REAL problem over the last few years...the inactivity, inertia and incapacity to make decisions of the Directors....everything else is just a sideshow. But they are trying to make it appear as though this is all sour grapes from people here. It isn't. I have email exchanges going back to 2008 making the same points I have been making. I asked the same sort of questions from the old mods as I have the new mods. However, if they can convince poeple it is just 'troublemakers'...they get rid of us and carry on the way they are.....tempting though it is to let them, I wouldn't want to let down club members.

don't kow how long you have been on thier , but i know what you mean about inactvity . i get the impression (i might be wrong) that all they want is the subs to come in so they can make a profit (hence the 300%+ subs increase in jan) with no effort from them to make a nicer place with more pleasure.
i believe this is the reason they left.org originally , there was no money in it for them!!! :confused:

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 15:50 #47 

Zeb
payner75t wrote:
Zeb wrote:

don't kow how long you have been on thier , but i know what you mean about inactvity . i get the impression (i might be wrong) that all they want is the subs to come in so they can make a profit (hence the 300%+ subs increase in jan) with no effort from them to make a nicer place with more pleasure.
i believe this is the reason they left.org originally , there was no money in it for them!!! :confused:

Been a member since 2006.....earlier than Mr Reebs and Mr Buttyman who are still trying to blacken my name. They will not succeed and if they insist on keep pushing I will just publish all the evidence that shows I have been trying to get the Directors to act. I no longer believe it is about them making money....I think they just do not have the time, commitment or people skills to make a go of it. The front end just sums that up....Personally I HATE all the nastiness over there at the moment....but I refuse to stand by and watch the members get sold short...never have, never will.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:02 #48 

payner75t
fair enough , i can see your reasoning .
i wonder if you should publish everything anyway so everyone has all the info??? then people can make up thier own minds.
mind you ,if you put it on the club site ,the mods would probably remove it within 30 seconds!! as it is the oppisite of what they think!!!

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:09 #49 

Mad-Monkey
Can anyone fill me in by PM the actual goings on?

I've read with interest everything so far, but :confused:

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:11 #50 

Zeb
payner75t wrote:fair enough , i can see your reasoning .
i wonder if you should publish everything anyway so everyone has all the info??? then people can make up thier own minds.
mind you ,if you put it on the club site ,the mods would probably remove it within 30 seconds!! as it is the oppisite of what they think!!!

But see, this is the stupidest thing of all....it isn't the opposite of what Pete thinks.........so he says.......but I have yet to see any evidence in his actions.....or to have the full reply he promised me in the middle of June. :(

Anyway fwiw, I think the members have been very restrained...it has all, rightly, stayed in the social forum and does not affect the members / newcomers seeking help and advice. I heve even been PMing a chap about LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) conversions...a newbie....hope he was pleased with the pleasantness and welcoming nature of my response. (No Dr.Christopher I am NOT being sarcastic.)

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:18 #51 

Last edited by Zeb on 06 Jul 2010, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

payner75t
broken promises as well!!!!!
i guess that should be no surprise , even if he isn't well he should make time for a full reply!!!

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:22 #52 

Zeb
payner75t wrote:broken promises as well!!!!!
i guess that should be no surprise , even if he isn't well he should make time for a full reply!!!

Is he not well? I had not heard anything and he did not mention anything....still, there are two directors I believe.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:23 #53 

payner75t
Zeb wrote:
payner75t wrote:broken promises as well!!!!!

Is he not well? I had not heard anything and he did not mention anything....still, there are two directors I believe.

i believe he posted such aweek or so ago.
haven't seen christopher on for a while either , although that may just be through timing!!.
you would of thought common courtesy would have meant they would have said we can't answer yet we will get back to you.
or am i missing something.??

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:30 #54 

Zeb
See...busy people...

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:31 #55 

payner75t
the question is then , busy doing what??? for the last two or so years???

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:45 #56 

andycolm
Seeing all this finally burst up to the surface is interesting, waht people are finally seeing in the cold light of day is what I realised some time ago, and after a PM exchange with both Directors decided not to renew and to leave for a while on there. When I returned I posted an opinion, nice and polite like, and was roundly abused by a certain member, to the point he was warned and his posts deleted...
He is now wearing a green badge on there and still abusing members openly, this time with noone to reign him in with his new found power.
Just for the record, as I couldnt post publicly on the thread due to lockage, Thomas1983 seems to be a damn good egg who has been thrown in at the deep end, but is learning and behaving like a gentleman when he makes a mistake.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 17:11 #57 

payner75t
andycolm wrote:Seeing all this finally burst up to the surface is interesting, waht people are finally seeing in the cold light of day is what I realised some time ago, and after a PM exchange with both Directors decided not to renew and to leave for a while on there. When I returned I posted an opinion, nice and polite like, and was roundly abused by a certain member, to the point he was warned and his posts deleted...
He is now wearing a green badge on there and still abusing members openly, this time with noone to reign him in with his new found power.
Just for the record, as I couldnt post publicly on the thread due to lockage, Thomas1983 seems to be a damn good egg who has been thrown in at the deep end, but is learning and behaving like a gentleman when he makes a mistake.

think we know who the abuser is!!! he seems to be on a powertrip!!!!
just out of intrest what was the problem that you spoke to the directors about??? i wonder if it's the same problem as now??

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 17:20 #58 

Messenger
raistlin wrote:I think perhaps the fact that a poll was started with a view to moderation by election might have made some of them feel a little insecure.

Understandable I suppose although quite how such outbursts are supposed to engender respect for their position I fail to understand. :confused:

Ahh, the poll for election... That would be me then.

I reckon it's a good idea in their current situation and Parker seemed to like it himself when it was first brought up by Chriskoi.

They could run as they are for a while and then start an election. Shouldn't make them insecure unless some of them don't feel they would be voted in. It also provides an excellent method of escape if the role is not for you.

Oh well, I'm probably on the hit list anyway!

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 17:32 #59 

Duncan
In all of this, with accusations flying about, I think everyone has been a lot more adult than it sounds like over there. Can't say I know what's going on as I 'left' some time ago. Plenty enough people over here asking for help that I can be useful to.

At the same time, we have a lovely Troll trying to start something. I thought the childish individual had realised the futility, but it seems not. We even gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they are still trying.

Of course he's not registered on the other side. That would be a double registration, and they would have to ban themselves! You would have thought that they were brighter than all that, or maybe they just believe that we are all more stupid, and won't get what's going on. Shame really, isn't it.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 17:43 #60