Thieving scumsuckers by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Hmm... There was speculation about the possibility of a rumour that fuel prices MIGHT have to go up at some time in the future owing to Petroplus who run a refinery in Essex apparently going bust. A tenuous rumour at worst and even then only a perhaps at some time in the future for that small corner of England.

Can anybody guess where this is going yet?

Leaving work this evening I glanced across at the petrol station just across the road (this is in Wolverhampton of course, you know, that famous South East city). I was surprised to see the price of both petrol and diesel up 12p (TWELVE PENCE) per litre from the price I saw this morning on the way in.

Well, I don't normally go that way home but curiosity got the better of me and I called in, explaining my curiosity as to why the sudden hike in price.

Yes, you've guessed it:- "There's a fuel shortage ain't there. You won't find it any cheaper anywhere else."

Thieving, Profiteering SCUMBAGS.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 19:10 #1 

PaulT
Plus Wincanton tanker drivers have started a week strike.

Will admit it was on the news as I drove in to work. Would have needed diesel tomorrow but I thought 'price hike go now'.

Bankers and fuel retailers brothers in rip off
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 19:24 #2 

Duncan
No change seen on my way to work or back. OH reports the same. Must be a local thing.

If they know 'you won't find it cheaper' they are obviously in touch with each other about pricing. As far as I know that's against the law, being a cartel or similar.

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 19:56 #3 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:If they know 'you won't find it cheaper' they are obviously in touch with each other about pricing.

In fact, that was the only one of a total of four that I went past on the way home to have hiked their prices Duncan. A little bit of creative selling I believe.

I suspected that the filling station local to me would also have done so but no sign as I drove home.
Paul

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 20:14 #4 

Tourerfogey
So, what is the price of petrol/diesel in that part of the land?

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 22:00 #5 

Duncan
£1.38 for diesel is the best localish price.

Of course on the news they are predicting record prices so we shall see that go up as people rush to prove the prediction.

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 22:06 #6 

raistlin
It was £1.56 at the place I mentioned. I doubt he'll get many sales though.
Paul

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 22:23 #7 

Trebor
There was a profiteering garage in New Invention Paul a few years ago who upset the locals so much they boycotted him and never went back , it closed down soon after so served him right but surely the government are the biggest highwaymen in all of this imo
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Jan 2012, 22:35 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A1M tonight unleaded 132.9. That is the cheapest anywhere I've seen from Benwick to Wimbledon to Sutton and return via M25, regular price here 134.9-135.9. Is there any legislation on profiteering on a rumour. BTW there is unlikely to be any shortage of fuel and in any case it would be diesel that bears any increase due to this refinery going bust (according to BBC news at midnight tonight)

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 00:22 #9 

Bermudan 75
I believe their biggest customer is BP, somehow I can't see this refinery going to the wall.

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 02:13 #10 

PaulT
Driving in to work in the South East this morning all the garages I passed had not increased their prices.

Paul perhaps you should organise the type of boycott that Trebor mentions.

And Mick you should have given a wave - I work in Sutton but only for another 11 weeks Yippee
Paul

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 07:04 #11 

Duncan
Apparently certain parts of the tabloid press have predicted massive rises in prices.

That's the trouble, it's not news any more, just guesses about what might happen / what might have happened. Then of course the public sheep believe it's fact and make it all come true.

You can tell I love newspapers, can't you.

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 08:01 #12 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Paul perhaps you should organise the type of boycott that Trebor mentions

Surprise surprise, the price was back down to usual this morning. I wonder if they sold ANY fuel at all last night :lol:
Paul

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 09:01 #13 

RhodieBill
Not sure about Diesel, but at my local today where I put in Petrol Unleaded was £1.33 & Super £1.36 (which is what I use). And no busier than usual really.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 16:20 #14 

Jürgen
raistlin wrote:I was surprised to see the price of both petrol and diesel up 12p (TWELVE PENCE) per litre from the price I saw this morning on the way in.

That's not an uncommon sight in Germany. The prices go up and (luckily) down on a daily basis.

raistlin wrote:Thieving, Profiteering SCUMBAGS.

You're far too polite, Paul ...

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 18:36 #15 

Martin
M40 This PM NO 97 grade at the BP before Oxford and the no fuel at all at Oxford, managed to get some but no warnings on the Mway NO FUEL AT OXFORD that services has had no fuel since Monday this week, as I tried then as well, but thought the police or them that knows would warn us that it is NOW 3DAYS since they had no fuel, not rocket science is it
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 19:39 #16 

raistlin
I just filled up VeeKay at Sainsburys in Wednesfield and even there the price was 139.9p. That's an increase of 5p per litre in two weeks.These fuel prices, even without the pirates, are becoming silly. Soon you'll need to be a banker or an MP to afford the stuff :(
Paul

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 19:49 #17 

Bermudan 75
raistlin wrote:I just filled up VeeKay at Sainsburys in Wednesfield and even there the price was 139.9p. That's an increase of 5p per litre in two weeks.These fuel prices, even without the pirates, are becoming silly. Soon you'll need to be a banker or an MP to afford the stuff :(

They don't need to be able to afford fuel they have chauffeur driven corporate and departmental limousines.....

Posted 25 Jan 2012, 23:20 #18 

Duncan
Just gone up a penny at my normal filling stop too. Oh look, the newspapers were right.....

Posted 26 Jan 2012, 07:54 #19 

PaulT
Perhaps the worst culprits are the 'speculators' who buy it up, create a shortage on the open market and then name their price.

These worthwhile members of xociety also do it with food stuffs!
Paul

Posted 26 Jan 2012, 09:23 #20