Thieving scumbags by raistlin

raistlin
I was doing an oil and filter change on VeeKay today when I decided I needed to nip to the loo. There was nobody in sight and I was away for less than a minute I'd say.

However, on returning to the car, which was parked on my drive, some thieving scumbag had nicked two screwdrivers and the long Allen key I use for the back bolts on the air filter housing :evil:

Amazing. Nobody in sight when I went into the house, less than a minute later and the theft had taken place. Whoever it was can congratulate him / herself with a haul worth about £3.00, and I now have to source another one of those long Allen keys :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Oct 2010, 17:23 #1 

takestock
Be careful Paul, Wouldn't be surprised if they use the screwdrivers to break in somewhere :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 17 Oct 2010, 17:45 #2 

nisfo
I agree with Dave, I had a screwdriver nicked (in the same kind of scenario) that was used to break into the thief's sisters house, it was only coincidence when the thief's sister (a friend too) came round asking if her brother had offered me a PC and TV. It only clicked as he was talking to me while I was under my van at the time. Thought I had misplaced it.

Police recovered it, took my prints to clear me, but nailed him as a known offender, and currently serving 36 months for various offense's including the one with my screwdriver.

Never got it back though.....lol

It maybe worth notifying the Police just to be on the safe side ;)

Posted 17 Oct 2010, 19:15 #3 

raistlin
nisfo wrote:It maybe worth notifying the Police just to be on the safe side ;)

Thank you - a good point :)
Paul

Posted 17 Oct 2010, 19:24 #4 

Duncan
It's your own fault for not having gates, you know.

I should think they will sue you for making them nick the tools. (That's if they remember to stop shouting at the kids for long enough)>

:stirer:
:gmc:

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 12:15 #5 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:It's your own fault for not having gates, you know.

I should think they will sue you for making them nick the tools. (That's if they remember to stop shouting at the kids for long enough)>

:stirer:
:gmc:

Oh good grief, those two didn't have the brains to think about theft Duncan :lol:
Paul

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 16:32 #6 

Zeb
Maybe they needed the tools to steal a gate to fit on their own property... :?

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 16:43 #7