The worlds dirtiest pollen filter by SpongeBob

SpongeBob
I collected my car from the garage earlier this evening and Nick said that my pollen filter was possibly the dirtiest and muckiest he's ever seen. You could have probably grown tomatoes in it! :o :lol: Unfortunately no pictures of the offending article though because I was recovering from shock at the bill of the service :( Nothing I perhaps wasn't expecting for a cam belt change plus 60K service and then front discs and pads but still a hefty chunk nevertheless.

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 20:43 #1 

Dallas
Blooming ek! that must of been an expensive bill :hissyfit: with all that lot listed.

................ I think my pollen filter is pretty mucky, may need a change. :-D

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 21:01 #2 

Jürgen
So there it is, another missed opportunity. :confused:

The tomatoes I'm talking about. :mrgreen:

:gmc:

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 15:29 #3 

Ragman
60k service on mine made me wince a bit, pollen filter was none too clean when I changed it either
Car 1105009 001 (Medium).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 16:44 #4 

SpongeBob
Sorry Collin but mine was even dirtier than yours. Actual tide lines from water in plenum :o and even more dangly plant life dangling out of it! :gmc:

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 18:29 #5 

kandyman
I change mine about once a year, the filters are cheap enough on EBay.

The main reason is I suffer from hay fever so I do anything to help stop it.

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 18:55 #6 

JohnDotCom
Get the Charcoal filters Andy, more expensive but filter everything much better great for Asthma sufferers etc.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Sep 2011, 18:26 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
This one is from the MG ZT 190 recently bought

This one from my tourer when i first bought that dont these people service there cars :confused:
Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 00:16 #8 

Mad-Monkey
Tidelines are most likely old from when I had the car Simon. I had a bit of water sloshing round in there for a bit. Although I'm sure it had a service after that, so they never did the pollen filter if that was the case!

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 07:27 #9 

SpongeBob
You could be right there David. Nick reckons that because the LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) ECU (Engine Control Unit) and the cars ECU are tight in the plenum that perhaps the filter had been left due to to being difficult to replace.

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 21:45 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
Easy to replace about a 5 minute job :confused: scuttle open tray out jobs a good one. ;)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 22:40 #11 

SpongeBob
Arctic wrote:Easy to replace about a 5 minute job :confused: scuttle open tray out jobs a good one. ;)

Not when there's a secondary ECU unit in the way for the LPG ;)

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 14:16 #12 

Ragman
Anyone got the part numbers for the two different types of pollen filters

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 14:30 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Don't know about part numbers, however this one by Mahle has active carbon. And a reasonable price. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pollen-Cabin-Fi ... 439&sr=1-1 Same one for all models.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 14:47 #14 

JohnDotCom
Genuine Standard pollen Filter Part No: JKR000030
Genuine Filter - Pollen/Odour - Air Intake No.: JKR000040 (Bear in mind this looks dirty before you start!

There are of course cheaper Patent parts and Genuine MG Rover Parts prices vary wildly!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 15:00 #15 

Ragman
Top man - many thanks

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 15:06 #16