The News Of The World . . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
. . . will cease publication after this Sunday's issue.

Now, call me cynical, but it is also being reported that the URLs SundaySun.co.uk/com and SunonSunday.co.uk/com were registered two days ago . . .

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 19:42 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Cynical? Toi?................... Never. :D

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 20:04 #2 

PaulT
And all those that bought the NoW will buy it and the Sun readers who did not will because it says SUN. So circulation will be larger than the NoW and 'Dave' will say certainly you can run Sky and henceforth there will only be good news about Murdoch.

Private Eye normally prints some of the self promoting pieces in Murdochs publications - and the politicians are in fear of M because of what he can print.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 20:23 #3 

Duncan
I worry about any newspapers, and in fact a fair chunk of all media. People believe what it says, because it's written down, but often its opinion or poor research, even propaganda disguised as news.

But you try arguing with the people who read the stuff!

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 20:52 #4 

RhodieBill
Absolutely no loss whatsoever!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 21:11 #5 

Jürgen
How true, Duncan. It's better to look at several sources, before forming an opinion.

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 21:15 #6 

JohnDotCom
I see it looks as if no managers will loose their jobs.
It was the biggest readership of any newspaper printd in English so can't have been that bad.
Still at least the sun on Sunday to wait for now.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 21:24 #7 

Zeb
JohnDotCom wrote:I see it looks as if no managers will loose their jobs.
It was the biggest readership of any newspaper printd in English so can't have been that bad.
Still at least the sun on Sunday to wait for now.

Ah now John...I have to take issue with you here...it was not given the nickname 'News of the screws' for no reason...and to use words like 'readership' and 'English' in relation to the News of the World could be seen as oxymorons...:D

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 21:58 #8 

RhodieBill
Like it........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 22:22 #9 

JohnDotCom
Can't honestly comment Carl was just relaying what was reported on the BBC, but I may buy the last issue to see what I've missed all these years. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 23:34 #10 

PaulT
Off subject but caught a bit of The Weakest Link yesterday. One of the contestants was a provincial newspaper editor:

Anne Robinson - Does your paper have a page 3?
Contestant - yes, it is between pages 2 and 4
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 06:13 #11