the joys of work..... not by starbug2

starbug2
well just been told i am to be put on a 4 day week :thumbsup: but will only be paid for 4 days :hissyfit: so money which was not much is even less :panic: resently things have been not good at my place :roll: and i have been working in the factory as a fill in person helping to bag matt's or other none driver stuff far to many times :hissyfit: :mad1: i am a delivery driver not a general dogs body to use as they have sacked a fair few of late so at times very short handed :gmc: :censored:
not to mention some really stupid :confused: routes, long days and far to many miles... oh hum :scared:

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 17:10 #1 

takestock
Unfortunatelty Stephen, an employer can pick and choose just now :(. If people are seen to stand up to things too robustly then there will always be somebody else willing to do it. Best keep your head down unless you have something else lined up
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 17:22 #2 

TyphoonTT
It is not a good time for employees. Have had similar things at my place, because ' they can' . :x

Save it all up Stephen, and hope the day when ' they can't ' is fast approaching. :stirer:

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 21:48 #3 

Zeb
On the plus side...most of what one earns on the 5th day is tax anyway...(20% see..). Sometimes less is not as much less as one expects it to be... ;)

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 22:36 #4 

Tourerfogey
What you earn during the afternoon of the 4th day goes to pay your national Insurance . . .

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 22:59 #5 

JohnDotCom
...and what you earn on Thursdays you pee down the loo on the Friday night.... :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 23:01 #6 

starbug2
JohnDotCom wrote:...and what you earn on Thursdays you pee down the loo on the Friday night.... :gmc:

my whole firm :gmc: is going to pee...... :gmc:

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 08:37 #7 

JohnDotCom
Hard times for many companies and of course it's employees,
who a few years ago thought that civil servant jobs wouldn't be safe.
If a family man check for any entitlements you may be due such as Family Tax Credit etc if your wages have fallen,
be nice to see workers getting more help for a change.

There has been several companies in Wales close down and others shift production abroad where they can make the same in many cases for much less.

Hope you quickly return to full hours, many are going to see themselves in similar positions over next four years or so I fear.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 09:24 #8 

starbug2
JohnDotCom wrote:Hard times for many companies and of course it's employees,
who a few years ago thought that civil servant jobs wouldn't be safe.
If a family man check for any entitlements you may be due such as Family Tax Credit etc if your wages have fallen,
be nice to see workers getting more help for a change.

i have no kids , i want to play with the toys :gmc: not sure if any entitlements would be available to me , i suppose if it goes on for long more chance of something - these days not that much above min wage anyway , just i normally get at least 47 hours and over time above that but from next week it will be 37 hours and i think over time above that :panic:

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 09:33 #9