The Dreaded Car Insurance Renewal by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Have received my renewal notice, £444 fully comp from Swift. I have requested a quote from Adrian Flux online. I also used the RBS online service but this just hung when the submit quotation request button was pressed.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 15:29 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
My renewal from Swift was about the same as yours, I went with AF at around £250 ish
Best to call them, get a quote and then tell them you are member here for a further discount.

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 15:35 #2 

Bermudan 75
WOW ! That is good. I will give them a call.

Thanks Mick. :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 15:40 #3 

raistlin
I was very pleased with what Direct Line quoted me Mike. Worth a look maybe.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 18:14 #4 

Tootall
I always use the on-line comparison sites first to get an idea of prices then ring the cheapest ones to see if they can beat the on-line price - have to say that AF was the cheapest for my ZTT this year.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 18:31 #5 

Tourerfogey
This where I traditionally jump in and point out that cheapest is seldom best but no-one ever takes any notice so this time I'm not going to bother.

Just remember, at some point you might need to make a claim and cheap insurance might cost you dear . . .

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 18:33 #6 

Jumper
Rover418275 wrote:Have received my renewal notice, £444 fully comp from Swift. I have requested a quote from Adrian Flux online. I also used the RBS online service but this just hung when the submit quotation request button was pressed.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mike

My renewal (for Jan/'11), AA wanted £408. Got Esure thro' a compare site for £285 2005/2.5V6 Auto.

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 19:58 #7 

PaulT
Tourerfogey wrote:This where I traditionally jump in and point out that cheapest is seldom best but no-one ever takes any notice so this time I'm not going to bother.

Just remember, at some point you might need to make a claim and cheap insurance might cost you dear . . .

I have never seen proof positive that if you pay more you get a better service. Some might think paying more they will get a better service. As always, the proof is in the eating.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 20:32 #8 

Jürgen
Tourerfogey wrote:This where I traditionally jump in and point out that cheapest is seldom best but no-one ever takes any notice so this time I'm not going to bother.

:iagree: Good value for our money, not just the cheapest, is what we should be looking for. Although I have to admit, that it isn't easy to get all the relevant information we need to make a good decision.

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 20:55 #9 

JohnDotCom
I know how you feel about insurance though,
Had the buildings and contents renewal today and it's gone up this year to £650 god only knows why.
Will be on phone and net in morning!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 21:00 #10 

starbug2
mine is due very soon for mine , i hope i get better than i did for bev's mg but at least i'm max no claims

Posted 31 Dec 2010, 09:41 #11 

MrB
Chris Knott were cheapest for me.

The like to beat your cheapest quote by £30 - £50.

All I had to do was send them the cheapest quote I had - why was off gocompare.

Mine is due Feb so we'll see if they can do it again.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 31 Dec 2010, 14:38 #12 

Tourerfogey
I give up. :-|

Posted 31 Dec 2010, 17:15 #13 

Bermudan 75
JohnDotCom wrote:I know how you feel about insurance though,
Had the buildings and contents renewal today and it's gone up this year to £650 god only knows why.
Will be on phone and net in morning!

With buildings insurance many companies average the rebuild figure for your house based upon your street, wildly inaccurate in most cases.

I told the Halifax that the rebuild figure for our house was too high, they backed down when they realised that they were dealing with a Residential Valuation Surveyor.

So challenge their figure, if you want to know how to work out your rebuild cost (used in mortgage valuations) send me a pm.

Mike

Posted 31 Dec 2010, 17:33 #14