The 260s by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
From the ' People you really can't do without forum'

The 260's

Postby Mick » 14th Jun 2010 9:37pm
A more mercenary bunch of car enthusiasts you could not wish to meet.

So, how do you explain this, Mick? :shock:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 22:18 #1 

JohnDotCom
It's all that power and noise.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 22:56 #2 

greeners
JohnDotCom wrote:It's all that power and noise.

I would concur with that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 23:06 #3 

Bernard
I want him to explain the "mercenary" bit. :shock:

I thought that I was a cheapskate. Can I be both? :confused:

He's always hiding in the back room when you want him. ;)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 23:14 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:I want him to explain the "mercenary" bit. :shock:

I thought that I was a cheapskate. Can I be both? :confused:

He's always hiding in the back room when you want him. ;)

I don't do hiding, mercenary is closely followed by a wink smiley. A private joke between Tim and I nothing to do with anybody else Bernard.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 23:46 #5 

Bernard
Oh! That's all right then!.......Wait a mo.... :idea:
No, it isn't. You added the smiley afterwards. I'm not completely stupid (yeah I know, which bit is missing? :Tongue: )

In that case I think Tim should come forward and explain how he has impugned our good name. Mercenary indeed, I'm a cheapskate , I am.
I have to be to run a 260. :gmc:

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 00:15 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:Oh! That's all right then!.......Wait a mo.... :idea:
No, it isn't. You added the smiley afterwards. I'm not completely stupid (yeah I know, which bit is missing? :Tongue: )

In that case I think Tim should come forward and explain how he has impugned our good name. Mercenary indeed, I'm a cheapskate , I am.
I have to be to run a 260. :gmc:

You are making too much of nothing. Bernard. I thought from our PM conversation that my tongue in cheek reference was taken with the same good humour it was given. On the matter of my also tongue in cheek comment which you have obviously taken great exception to I added the wink in an attempt to ensure it would not be misconstrued by anybody else. Perhaps my idea of humour is not compatible with others, so. I will just delete my little private joke between myself and Tim which in itself has nothing whatsoever to do with you or indeed any other owner. The reference is still here in this thread so it is not being covered up in any way and can be pointed out to all and sundry at your whim. I am not about to publish a private conversation here in which I referred to myself as being mercenary not V8 owners. The joke could only be recognised by one person, the person it was meant for and no others.

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 00:33 #7