The 2012 London Olympics will be in French! by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
Just seen a report (see link below) that The London 2012 Olympics will be using French as the first Language and any announcements etc made must first be in French.
Crazy or what? :hissyfit:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09122010/ ... rench.html
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 16:35 #1 

Bermudan 75
I heard this as well, who sanctioned this? :mad1:

The Olympics are being held in London, England and the official language of England is English. Someone, and I nominate Boris Johnson, should tell the Olympic Committee that we English have a saying,

'When in Rome, do as the Romans do', so when in England sprecken sie English.............

What next the French tricolour over Buckingham Palace?

I think Nigel Farage might have something to say about this :thumbsup:

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 16:46 #2 

Zeb
Now, if they were saying the 2012 Olympics had to BE in France...I'd be perfectly content for that to happen... :D

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 16:50 #3 

JohnDotCom
Zeb wrote:Now, if they were saying the 2012 Olympics had to BE in France...I'd be perfectly content for that to happen... :D

With that I think we all agree Zeb. :D
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 17:25 #4 

starbug2
what a load of :angry: :censored: this is the uk not smeging france :hissyfit:

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 22:08 #5 

Duncan
Je ne comprends pas, pourquoi vous avez un probleme avec ca. C'est seulment un petit, com les Anglais dir, wind up.

Ce'st absolument normal, et toutes les jeux olyimpiques avez le meme regles.

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 22:18 #6 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:Je ne comprends pas, pourquoi vous avez un probleme avec ca. C'est seulment un petit, com les Anglais dir, wind up.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 22:36 #7 

starbug2
Duncan wrote:Je ne comprends pas, pourquoi vous avez un probleme avec ca. C'est seulment un petit, com les Anglais dir, wind up.

i barely speak english so i have no chance with frog :gmc:

Posted 09 Dec 2010, 22:40 #8 

MrB
starbug2 wrote:

i barely speak english so i have no chance with frog :gmc:

Basically he can't understand why we have a problem with it and that it's probably just a little wind up for us Brits.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 14:01 #9 

Duncan
I also pointed out that all Olympics are the same (at least as far as I could find out).

I think it's our British press, stirring and winding us up (again).

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 14:43 #10 

JohnDotCom
Well today they said signs will be in French including Exits at stadiums, use to dual language here in Wales but that is slightly different,
(more so as earlier in the week Welsh has now been made the official recognised Language of Wales)
But worse still lanes closed on Main roads for VIPs that includes M4 and M25 from Heathrow and A406 and many other main roads which are being taken out of use for us mere mortals and residents!
These will all be monitored by cameras and fines issued for anyone straying into said lanes 24hrs a day!!!
Signs and cameras have already been obtained and confirmed by the AA as happening.

My brothers who live and work in London are also furious at the extra charges being put on their council tax to help fund Olympics,
at least he is doing the sensible thing and leaving country for duration of. :)
John

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 14:47 #11 

Bermudan 75
Don't remember us having any of this nonsense in Manchester when we had the Commonwealth Games back in 2002. :confused:

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 16:03 #12 

stevemac
To be fair the first language of the Olympics has always been French, so no change there for London. As for the lane closures, these are temporary for specific events so most of the time the lanes will be in use for all. It's really just another example of the press reporting only the part of the story that will cause a headline. Whilst I would not want to get into a discussion as to whether we should be holding the Games, after all, hind sight is 20/20 vision, I can say that, having spent 3 weeks at the Barcelona Olympics, it is a spectacular event and worth going to. Even the so-called minority sports have a real buzz about them. Don't forget that for a lot of the competitors, their entire lives have led up to this moment.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 15 Dec 2010, 05:05 #13