Thank you to Takestock by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Dave has just given me some very good news :D

He is giving the community a VIS (Variable Intake System) tester.

It will be available at the nano-meets and other community meets and, if agreeable with the membership, it will be available on loan to individual community members.

I think it will be as useful and successful an asset as the club's VIS tester has been :)

Only difference of course, is that you don't need to be a subscribed member to use it, as we don't have any subscribed members :lol:

Thanks Dave. You're a star :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 19:31 #1 

takestock
No pressure to build it then :rolling: :panic: :panic: :rolling:

It will be fine Paul, if not i'll send you a bag of bits :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 19:44 #2 

Bernard
A very generous gesture Mr T or Mr S.

As I have now sold my Sykes scan tool I really ought to build one of these, I suppose.

If I ever overcome my inveterate idleness, is there a definitive design for it available?

I have the connectors.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 01 Aug 2010, 21:23 #3 

takestock
Never thought of a definative design Mr B. I am happy with the performance of the other one doing the rounds, a couple of well placed diodes solved the problem of the led failing. The problem arose when both VIS motors were connected to the tester at the same time and one of the VIS motors had failed in a certain position, it sent a current through the led the wrong way, anyway that has been eliminated now. If you arn't bothered about the ECU (Engine Control Unit) signal light they really are very easy, will see if i can find time to do a write up.

Meanwhile:

This one is done and will be on it's way to it's new home at Raistlins for all on here to use :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 19:28 #4 

raistlin
takestock wrote:This one is done and will be on it's way to it's new home at Raistlins for all on here to use :)

Cheers Dave :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 19:32 #5 

Bernard
takestock wrote:Never thought of a definative design Mr B. I am happy with the performance of the other one doing the rounds, a couple of well placed diodes solved the problem of the led failing. The problem arose when both VIS motors were connected to the tester at the same time and one of the VIS motors had failed in a certain position, it sent a current through the led the wrong way, anyway that has been eliminated now. If you arn't bothered about the ECU signal light they really are very easy, will see if i can find time to do a write up.

Meanwhile:

This one is done and will be on it's way to it's new home at Raistlins for all on here to use :)

There is/was a circuit diagram somewhere, which is what I'm looking for really. Have you got a link?
I can't quite make out the wiring in the photo. :gmc:

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 19:38 #6 

takestock
You have a PM ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 19:57 #7 

Cowley_MOA
Just a note also to Dave to say a public thank you for fixing my VIS tester for me F.O.C. Dave your a true gent :thumbsup:

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 20:16 #8 

takestock
No problem at all lewis, the loom plugs you supplied are on the end of the community tester :D and some of the VIS bits you donated are in the post to help a member out as we speak :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 20:26 #9 

Bernard
takestock wrote:You have a PM ;)

I can't find one, Mr T or Mr S. :confused:

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 20:42 #10 

Cowley_MOA
takestock wrote:No problem at all lewis, the loom plugs you supplied are on the end of the community tester :D and some of the VIS bits you donated are in the post to help a member out as we speak :)

A real community effort :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 03 Aug 2010, 21:30 #11 

Zeb
Thanks to all for their efforts and contributions towards this....I am sure it will be in high demand. :clap: :thumbsup:

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 11:41 #12