Terrifying head-on smash caught on camera by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
Oh dear, oh dear. :em:
Terrifying head-on smash caught on camera

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/31032011/36/te ... era-0.html
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 18:44 #1 

raistlin
"Video no longer available" :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 19:29 #2 

JohnDotCom
Mean Gits!! :( :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 19:34 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You'd expect the contents of the white car to be a dollop of strawberry jam. Escaped with minor injuries.little short of a miracle.

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 19:45 #4 

James.uk
Video works ok for me... :roll:

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 23:47 #5 

PaulT
Thought this was an April Fools joke - a couple of Dinky toys being crashed.

Did see this on the BBC Internet News last night. However, the video shows the benefit of the camera in the cab.

Have to feel sorry for the lorry driver - he averted crushing the car, for which the driver should be eternally grateful - but could quite easily have been killed.

Difficult to comprehend what goes on in some peoples brains - do they not see the 'No Entry' signs after having seen the road signs prior to the roundabout.

Slightly differently, came back from France last Saturday and stopped at a service area on the A71. They had on display a motorway service vehicle that had stopped behind a broken down HGV. They were located in the nearsdie lane and these vans normally have a big direction indicator on the back indicating that vehicles need to pull in to the next lane. An HGV was approaching with another extremely close behind (many years ago an owner operator told me that they do this to benefit from the drag of the vehicle in front and hence reduce their fuel bill). The one in front pulled out but the hgv at the rear spotted the van too late and ploughed in to it. Luckily the van operator was out of the vehicle, saw what was about to happen and dived out of the way. The hgv driver was seriously injured.

Paul

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 07:14 #6 

JohnDotCom
Link iks now working again.
John

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 12:25 #7 

MrB
Yep worked for me.

Can't for the life of me work out how anyone can go the wrong way down a slip road? :o

See this sort of incident all the time on the 'Police Stop' type shows. Beggars belief
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 13:50 #8