Tapping / clicking??? by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
My interior has started to tap / click and it seems to be getting louder....driving me mad now it is! Unfortunately I am struggling to find the source of the noise...it happens in relation to suspension movement...where should I start?

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 15:59 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Get a passenger to try and track it down for you.
I had a really nasty buzzing which appeared to be coming from behind the dash on the nearside. Next time with a passenger I asked them where it was coming from and they pointed immediately to the interior mirror. Took seconds, had been driving me nuts for weeks.
On another occasion I had a tapping/squeeking, which I considered to be somewhere in the rear. I eventually dropped the rear seat back and placed a piece of foam packing, dead centre where the seat back meets the area below the parcel shelf. No more tapping. Would have been easier with a passenger but anybody in the back and the noise disappeared.

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 16:08 #2 

baconbuttyman
some one slipped a clock behind the dash just to fox ya????
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 16:09 #3 

takestock
Aye, there will be a crocodile somewhere in the car that has swallowed a clock :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 18:13 #4 

Tourerfogey
Are you sure that it's not coming from your knees?

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 18:48 #5 

Duncan
Start hitting things. When it stops, you hit the right thing.

I'm not suggesting a hammer, mind, just a sharp application of the side of your fist.

Oh, and I'm serious. May sound otherwise, but a good bash will shut it up for a short time, and then you'll know where to go looking.

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 18:57 #6 

Tourerfogey
Duncan wrote:Start hitting things. When it stops, you hit the right thing.

I'm not suggesting a hammer, mind, just a sharp application of the side of your fist.

Oh, and I'm serious. May sound otherwise, but a good bash will shut it up for a short time, and then you'll know where to go looking.

I agree - works on Mrs Tourerfogey every time :D

;) Only kidding I love her to bits really.

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 20:15 #7 

baconbuttyman
Tourerfogey wrote:
;) Only kidding I love her to bits really.

which bits first
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 30 Jul 2011, 17:01 #8