Tapatalk query by Bernard

Bernard
Been told today to download new Tapatalk for BlackBerry as the Beta was disconnected.
Duly went to download site, still Beta(?) but it won't let me log in.
Now there is just a possibility that I've got my password wrong but I don't think so....

Any idea what's going on?
Can't view the normal forum with BlackBerry although for a week (shortly after a conversation with Simon at Chasewater) it was acceptable so I thought he had tweaked something.
Very strange. :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 17:57 #1 

SpongeBob
Very strange that you can't login using via Tapatalk. I'll see if there are any requirements our end to support BlackBerry but I doubt it will have anything to do with the server-side stuff required for Tapatalk as that just mostly deals with pulling and pushing the data out and in of the database.

Logging in on my iPhone seems to be working fine via Tapatalk :confused:

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 18:09 #2 

SpongeBob
I've updated to the current TapaTalk software on our server - does that make any difference for you now Bernard?

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 18:23 #3 

Bernard
SpongeBob wrote:I've updated to the current TapaTalk software on our server - does that make any difference for you now Bernard?

No it doesn't. :(
I had something similar a couple of months ago but it suddenly put itself right without me entering my password again after the time that it was refused.

Can I check my password as I have it stored in FF from my static PC?

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 18:39 #4 

Bernard
Answered my own question- I checked in FF passwords and I am using the correct username and password but Tapatalk won't have it.

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 18:45 #5 

SpongeBob
I'm investigating the issue now Bernard but as of yet haven't turned up any clues. Seems like the Beta version of the app did suffer log-in issues but no mention of the current Gold release version of the app. Are you getting any error messages or anything?

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 19:01 #6 

JohnDotCom
It seems to work fine on my iPhone although not at all to my liking.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 19:05 #7 

Bernard
SpongeBob wrote:I'm investigating the issue now Bernard but as of yet haven't turned up any clues. Seems like the Beta version of the app did suffer log-in issues but no mention of the current Gold release version of the app. Are you getting any error messages or anything?

It just says "Invalid usernane or password. Please try again."
Both are actually correct to the FF login.

BlackBerry latest download this evening is still Beta though.

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 19:05 #8 

SpongeBob
Bernard wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:I'm investigating the issue now Bernard but as of yet haven't turned up any clues. Seems like the Beta version of the app did suffer log-in issues but no mention of the current Gold release version of the app. Are you getting any error messages or anything?

It just says "Invalid usernane or password. Please try again."
Both are actually correct to the FF login.

BlackBerry latest download this evening is still Beta though.

Ah, I was assuming you had found a gold release. Maybe the Beta is still suffering from the issues and the yet-to-be-released Gold version has sorted those issues :confused:

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 19:07 #9 

Jürgen
Bernard, did you install the new version as an update? Then it's worth a try to de-install first and install again.

I don't have a Blackberry, so I can't provide any more specific details. :confused:

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 19:12 #10 

Bernard
Jürgen wrote:Bernard, did you install the new version as an update? Then it's worth a try to de-install first and install again.

I don't have a Blackberry, so I can't provide any more specific details. :confused:

The process de-installed the previous version first but perhaps worth a try :confused:

Posted 10 Feb 2011, 19:14 #11 

Samarkand
Hi, I've downloaded few months ago and installed Tapatalk on my Nokia E72 phone running Symbian S60 v3. I used to be able to login and reply to the forums. Now, however, I cannot login at all. I receive a message that login failed. I can access all the forum subjects if I choose the Guest option, but I can't do anything else except browsing... Any ideas?
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 19:08 #12 

SpongeBob
Can you log in right now on it Majed? I experienced a few issues with Tapatalk myself last night but couldn't pin-point the problem. Sometimes the Tapatalk app hung and then crashed - regardless of what I was trying to do. I think it might be a bug in the actual app but if we can eliminate any potential problems this end we will.

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 19:12 #13 

Samarkand
Same situation and message, quote:
Login failed. Please make sure you inputted the right user name and password
unquote
Majed

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 19:34 #14 

SpongeBob
As a double check, do have the latest version of Tapatalk installed on your phone?

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 19:56 #15 

Samarkand
I could not find any version number (in the about menu or anywhere else in the application).
On the Tapatalk webpage there is no Symbian client anymore. However, I had downloaded it from the Nokia Store (http://store.ovi.com/content/22647?clickSource=search&pos=1
(Also as appears from on the Nokia Store webpage, there is no version number mentioned)
Majed

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 21:33 #16 

SpongeBob
I've asked a question over on the Tapatalk support forums to see if the issue is resolvable. It may be that if the Symbian client version of Tapatalk is now no longer available then it might not work properly (because it could be out-dated) with the later versions of the server-side Tapatalk software we have installed on the website which is necessary to run and support the later releases of the Tapatalk apps for Andriod, iOS, etc.

This is the first I've heard of the Symbian app being unavailable and I was unaware of any backwards-compatiablility issues resulting in running the latest server Tapatalk software.

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 21:54 #17 

Samarkand
It seems more and more servers are dropping the support of Symbian. For a few months now, I have been unable to connect to my bank's website from my Nokia while perfectly able to do so from an Android device... time to change my phone maybe.
Yesterday, I uninstalled the Tapatalk client from my phone then re-installed it. Now I cannot access any of the forums at all, even as guest (message on screen stating there are no forums to browse). I uninstalled the client again now. Fortunately I can still access the forum from the phone's web browser :)
Majed

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 06:09 #18