T4 tech help and V8 question by Jamie

Jamie
Hi Folks,

I hope you nice peolple are all well? I have made my first step back into MGR ownership..I bought a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) laptop this week but it hasnt got a Comms lead...can anyone help me out?

Also can anyone tell me if it will work on the 260 and V8 operating systems?

Cheers

Jamie (long lost prodigal son)

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 14:41 #1 

Mad-Monkey
When you say T4 laptop, is it a T4 unit, or a laptop with the RDS software on it? You should have both, a laptop with the RDS software on it and the T4 box of tricks. The leads are available from Omitec, but I suppose you could make one theres only a few connections, just depends if there is any gubbings along the way, I've never disassembled mine to look.

Edit. Yes it will work on the V8 fine. Use DST0006V or DST0005V discs as the cars are all on the one disc. There maybe some earlier ones but I started at DST0005V. The really early discs are all seperate for each car type.

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 14:56 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Jamie can't help with T4. Welcome back to the fold, knew you couldn't hold out forever. :)

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 15:05 #3 

Duncan
Hi Jamie. If you are still in the Crewe area, I might be able to help with some advice, and maybe even some bits. I'm still working there until the end of November, so if you want to compare notes let me know, as I've a T4 myself now. One thing I don't have is a spare red lead for the 75, although I did make a substitue that worked OK.

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 17:48 #4 

Jamie
Hi Duncan, yes that would be great...can I give you a quick ring this week? I havent picked the laptop up yet and I had best check that it is usefull other wise its a useless 7 year old laptop.
Cheers

Jamie

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 19:05 #5 

Duncan
Yes, no probs. I'll send you a PM and you can give me a call!

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 19:43 #6