Swapping Saloon to Tourer parts? by carlpenn

carlpenn
This is also on the Other Forum for better coverage :)

"This is not an advert for people to buy parts from my Saloon, Club Rules require me to be subscribed for this purpose. It is an enquiry about my own cars, so please do not get me into trouble by asking to buy stuff"

Now I have the Tourer on the Drive, I am looking at whether or not I could swap parts from teh Saloon to the Tourer. Obviously I know some stuff wont go so I thought I would make a list of what I want in the hope of someone being able to say yes or no.

The cars are: 2000 Plate Saloon V6 and a 2002 CDT Tourer.

1. Carpets ( I figure yes as the interior only changes from the rear seats back)
2. Interior Auto Dipping mirror
3. Front Washer Headlight Jets
4. Rear Reverse Sensors

Other bits:

These bits I am curious about purely to save money:

I am aware teh Clutch Plate is the same, according to Rimmers Product Codes (They both have same codes)

so:

1. Front Suspension and Brake parts? (The 75 Uses McPherson struts iirc? so are they the same on both Body types?)
2. ABS (Antilock Braking System) Modulator (This is a new one on Saloon, I assume if it shares the same codes etc it should be swappable)
3. As the Brakes are relatively new on the Saloon, are these swappable too? Discs / Pads and Shoes?

Is there anything else I could salvage?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 17:16 #1 

Zeb
Most bits that don't look vaguely too sgort I would say...having one of each you can see easily how little difference there is in reality....and you do not have to subscribe to sell here..:D

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 18:55 #2 

carlpenn
Zeb wrote:Most bits that don't look vaguely too sgort I would say...having one of each you can see easily how little difference there is in reality....and you do not have to subscribe to sell here..:D

Cheers Zeb, I must have read the rules wrong :)
Upgrades:

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 18:59 #3 

carlpenn
Would the clutch master and Slave cylinders swap over? Both these in the V6 are only 18 Months old as is the Clutch plate, I know the Clutch plate is a straight swap due to its part number.
Upgrades:

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 19:08 #4 

Duncan
Headlamp wash swap will depend on the new car as to it's ease.

Does the new car have a siren or a horn for the alarm? If a horn, then it's more complex. You have to swap the siren off your old car, and have some recoding done with a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) to tell it about the siren. Only then can you fit the washer bottle with the extra pump and the rest of the stuff.

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 10:47 #5 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:Headlamp wash swap will depend on the new car as to it's ease.

Does the new car have a siren or a horn for the alarm? If a horn, then it's more complex. You have to swap the siren off your old car, and have some recoding done with a T4 to tell it about the siren. Only then can you fit the washer bottle with the extra pump and the rest of the stuff.

Cheers and Hello Duncan.

So just dismantle the Siren off my Saloon, fit it to the Tourer and then get it on a T4, when you say "Only then can you fit the washer bottle with the extra pump and the rest of the stuff" I assume you mean I can fit them all but will then need a T4 for the Alarm afterwards?. ?
Upgrades:

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 09:34 #6 

kandyman
I believe you can't fit the alarm unit unless you have a T4 there, cos as soon as you fit the alarm unit it goes off and you can't stop it.

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 11:20 #7 

carlpenn
kandyman wrote:I believe you can't fit the alarm unit unless you have a T4 there, cos as soon as you fit the alarm unit it goes off and you can't stop it.

lol, typical. Just to make it awkward for me :p :p
Upgrades:

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 12:33 #8 

Duncan
Well you could fit the wash bit's but not connect the pump.

It's all to do with the relay which is used for the alarm horn or the wash pump. You can't use it for both, so when having the wash pump you must change the horn to a siren. You have to recode it to make it work.

Disconnecting a siren is fine so long as the system isn't armed. If it is, it will go off until the battery goes flat inside it.

Duncan

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 15:21 #9