Sulking....... £588:75p by takestock (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

takestock
All for a piece of paper that says me and the missus are insured to drive Maz for another 12month :( Car is probably only worth double that it real terms. :()
OK, I know I picked up 3pts for speeding and it's Insured for business for both of us with NCB protected but come on, it was sub £350 last yr for 12,000 miles now I'm down to 7,000 :( :( :(

Major sulk this evening........
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 20 May 2011, 15:50 #1 

JohnDotCom
Can you send me your details via PM Dave, will have a look with my broker, we're nothing like that (£235) with 40,000 miles Fully Comp cover no excess, £1200 Sat Nav and HiFi cover the rest the same, I know I might be a year older though............

That is for the Diesel with mods 170BHP etc the Jag XF is only £380!!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 May 2011, 16:02 #2 

1gp
bloody hell , thats not good. i would sure shop around .

Posted 20 May 2011, 18:09 #3 

takestock
Been shopping around for 6 weeks, cheapest was 540 but no business use and sometimes Wife does use the car for work, So, protected ncb, business uses for both of us.

It appears to be the post code that doesn't help. too close to city centre and poorer areas of the city :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 20 May 2011, 18:20 #4 

Last edited by takestock on 20 May 2011, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
Use my postcode as home address Dave. :-o :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 May 2011, 18:37 #5 

1gp
ye, thats it , just give another post code , no big deal (lol) . its either that, or move to a better area ......... wouldnt you rather live somewhere nice.

Posted 20 May 2011, 18:46 #6 

JohnDotCom
They have even closed both the police stations in our area now.
John

Posted 20 May 2011, 19:43 #7 

Bermudan 75
What's a police station ?........ :cheers:

Mike

Posted 20 May 2011, 20:10 #8 

MrB
Are you Leeds Dave?

I know quite a few at work have been surprised at their renewal quotes this year.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 21 May 2011, 08:24 #9 

takestock
Yup LS8
not bad where I live but 2 miles away from chappletown, around a mile from gipton neither very nice IMO and on the other hand oakwood and roundhay are within the same distances and some of the nicest areas in Leeds :(

Silly money for a 12 yr old car but there was NO cheaper option I could find.

more than was £1,200 Saga £800. Churchill, (with them last yr)£640 Aviva ( wife is with them,) £650. Madness.

Oh, and because I park on the drive at night and not on the street, £40/£50 a year extra across all quotes. :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 May 2011, 11:42 #10 

Last edited by takestock on 21 May 2011, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
It's mostly area dependant. Mine is an extra £6.00 if I park on the drive over night rather than in the garage. I do get the feeling I may need some resuscitation equipment when this years quote comes in.

Posted 21 May 2011, 12:00 #11 

MrB
Dave

I use Chris KNott insurance and they have always beaten my nbest quote by approx £50.

If that is any help? They just ask for a copy of your best quote as proof.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 21 May 2011, 14:22 #12 

1gp
its all just getting out of hand. i dont no where we are heading . you can see why people risk not paying it, "silly" i know, but we are just being ripped off in every way. at the end of the day if you dont claim , what do you see for your money........

Posted 21 May 2011, 14:29 #13 

1gp
Did you try the coop. thats who iam with ,and was £200 cheaper than last year.

Posted 21 May 2011, 14:31 #14 

takestock
1gp wrote:Did you try the coop. thats who iam with ,and was £200 cheaper than last year.

£873 :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 May 2011, 15:10 #15 

TyphoonTT
A lot of quotes I got this year were around £800 . :censored:

This time though Adrian Flux did me a good deal, where as about 5 years ago they
wouldn't even insure me on my 620ti. :confused:

Funny old game. Not so funny recently though. :gmc:

Posted 21 May 2011, 15:49 #16 

James.uk
Mine went up from £300 ish last your to £460 ish this.. ouch!!

I shopped around but £460 was the best i could get.. :(

Posted 21 May 2011, 15:59 #17 

1gp
just dont understand it, iam 40 years old only got 3 years ncb as i was on a work policy for years, and mine is £336 ..... :-?

Posted 21 May 2011, 16:08 #18 

JohnDotCom
Your Job, Age, NCD, Postcode,Mileage covered annually, Car Group, whether on a drive at night (most expensive), then Street, cheapest in Garage if "locked", wife on policy, modifications, HiFi & Sat Nav models**.
In Dave's case it is also for Business use.

All can make Hundreds of pounds of difference for same car.
Incidentally the Jag XF is going to be cheaper to insure than the Rover 75 next year!!

** = Due to new cost of Sat Nav on MGR models the premiums have been adjusted to reflect this.
John

Posted 21 May 2011, 17:59 #19 

takestock
To be fair business use only added around £40 and it is only if the wifes car was out of action it would be used for it but sods law dictates :)

If i had told an untruth about where I park on a night, ( having said that on the rare occasions Wife is in first in her car and i am out later, then i park on the road) and not botherered with business use and shaved the mileage to 6k then I could have got down to around £510/520 but in all honesty gents. IS IT WORTH IT ?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 May 2011, 20:16 #20