Stupid question by Zeb

Zeb
MOT tomorrow so been checking my lights....and cannot rememeber if there should be one or two reversing lights? I currently have just one on the driver's side...

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 12:06 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
2 is the answer.

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 12:15 #2 

Zeb
Bugger.. :(

Thanks Mick...

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 12:18 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You're welcome. :)

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 12:20 #4 

Zeb
Bulb fine, it was the clip holder that had broken..all sorted now...and discovered the rear light bulb was 'broken' but would still work...replaced it anyway... Think it must be these rough roads..:)

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 14:07 #5 

takestock
Nice to see a true enthusiast at one with his vehicle....:D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 18:50 #6 

Zeb
Ah...well, you see my concern was that it would be tied into my intermittent bulb failure on the back light....thought if I disturbed it all I might just make things worse! As it is all is sorted so I can go back to being enthusiastic and not actually needing to do much to the old girl..:D

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 19:00 #7 

Martin
Mines in Sat at 1 lets compair notes
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 19:04 #8 

takestock
Zeb wrote:Ah...well, you see my concern was that it would be tied into my intermittent bulb failure on the back light....thought if I disturbed it all I might just make things worse!

I think the intermittent bulb failure may actually be your indicator :roll: :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 19:56 #9 

Zeb
Martin wrote:Mines in Sat at 1 lets compair notes

9am for mine..:)

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 19:59 #10 

Zeb
takestock wrote:
Zeb wrote:Ah...well, you see my concern was that it would be tied into my intermittent bulb failure on the back light....thought if I disturbed it all I might just make things worse!

I think the intermittent bulb failure may actually be your indicator :roll: :)

Could be...given I didn't even know how many reversing lights I had..:D

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 20:00 #11 

SpongeBob
takestock wrote:I think the intermittent bulb failure may actually be your indicator :roll: :)

:thumbsup: :lol: Classic! :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Mar 2012, 20:22 #12 

PaulT
Was just browsing on eBay and there is a 75 on there that got an advisory for a dent in one of the sills - if it affects the structural integrity of the vehicle then it is a fail but otherwise why list it. Does the tester also list stone chips etc?

Anyway, best of luck chaps. Not moaning about the tightening of the redgulations but it does make it a little hrder to check the car over effectively before the test.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 31 Mar 2012, 06:20 #13 

Zeb
Just to update..passed with no advisories and compliments about what good nick she is in for the age and mileage..:) And not a dickie bird about the aftermarket HIDs without self-levelling bits...:D

Posted 31 Mar 2012, 15:28 #14 

JohnDotCom
Nice one Zeb. :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 Mar 2012, 16:08 #15 

Zeb
JohnDotCom wrote:Nice one Zeb. :-D

Nice to see you up and about John...:D

Posted 31 Mar 2012, 17:09 #16 

Zeb
Just to add.. the MOT was done at Kwikfit for £29.95 and a regas for £25. Booked online....bit of a bargain. :)

Posted 31 Mar 2012, 21:19 #17 

JohnDotCom
Zeb wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:Nice one Zeb. :-D

Nice to see you up and about John...:D

Thanks Carl, getting there slowly.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Apr 2012, 16:44 #18