Student Licences by Mad-Monkey (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
Does anyone know...

I have a copy of Office 2007 which I purchased as a student a few years back. Now that Office 2010 is available I can purchase this again as a student. Am I allowed to continue using Office 2007 or does it have to be an upgrade from 2007 to 2010. I only ask as Office 2010 would be on a different computer, so would like to keep 2007 on my laptop, and keep them both updated etc...

Am I ok to do this? I am still considered a student so purchasing and verifying my status is straight forward. Its the issue of having two student licences for similar products.

Many Thanks

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 07:32 #1 

raistlin
If you're buying Office 2010 as a new package David, you would still be entitled to your Office 2007 licence. If you buy it as an upgrade then no as far as I am aware.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 08:34 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Thats great cheers Paul. It will be the complete package not the upgrade. :)

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 09:23 #3 

Duncan
The office 2007 student / teacher license we have allows installation on up to three machines. So if the new version is the same you could have the new version on both. Worth a look.

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 12:18 #4 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:The office 2007 student / teacher license we have allows installation on up to three machines. So if the new version is the same you could have the new version on both. Worth a look.

That'd be a bonus :D I'm eligible for the academic licence so probably worth a look - Thanks Duncan.
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 12:31 #5 

raistlin
BONUS :D

Just bought the Academic licence version for two computers (better than home and student, which apparently doesn't have Outlook, Publisher or Access) for less than £40 delivered.

According to the EULA, I can pass my Office 2007 academic licence on to another member of my family. SWMBO can in future use her own PC for her correspondence :D
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 13:11 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Have they altered the package for 2010 then? My 2007 version have Outlook and Access but not publisher, not that I need it. I could do with Outlook though for the new PC. May check the terms of the purchase of 2007 and see if I can put it on 3 machines. Save some pennies!

I was able to buy my dad an additional complete copy as he is a parent of a student! :-)

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 15:17 #7 

raistlin
Scroll down this page to see what is included in the academic version David :)
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 16:06 #8 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:Scroll down this page to see what is included in the academic version David :)

Splendid! I'm eligible for that! Thats definately getting ordered today!!

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 08:47 #9 

raistlin
Monk wrote:
raistlin wrote:Scroll down this page to see what is included in the academic version David :)

Splendid! I'm eligible for that! Thats definately getting ordered today!!

Very good price as well, I thought :)
Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 11:41 #10 

Mad-Monkey
I thought so to. I paid £38 for the 2007 with 5 programs. So was pleased at £42 delivered for 2010 with all those! Downside is 3 day delivery, not that im in a rush, I still have no desk! :-)

Cheers for the link Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 12:10 #11 

MrB
I have used them before when I bought Office 2007.

They are a very good company.

Just remember you won't get the product in a standard retail box - most likely you will just receive 2 CD/DVD's in standard MicroSoft plastic slleves - with the product code on the back of one.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 12:25 #12 

Mad-Monkey
I don't mind how it comes, sleeves are better than boxes. Less to store/throw away.

Might have to get the CS5 master collection before my student status runs out as well! I have another year at least yet though!

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 14:18 #13 

raistlin
Monk wrote:I thought so to. I paid £38 for the 2007 with 5 programs. So was pleased at £42 delivered for 2010 with all those! Downside is 3 day delivery, not that im in a rush, I still have no desk! :-)

Cheers for the link Paul

You could have downloaded it David :D
Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 14:19 #14 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Might have to get the CS5 master collection before my student status runs out as well!

I must admit, I found that tempting at the price quoted :D
Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 14:20 #15 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:I thought so to. I paid £38 for the 2007 with 5 programs. So was pleased at £42 delivered for 2010 with all those! Downside is 3 day delivery, not that im in a rush, I still have no desk! :-)

Cheers for the link Paul

You could have downloaded it David :D

Saves me a DVD though :D

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 16:23 #16 

raistlin
Holy hell fire, that was fast :D

One of my neighbours just brought my software round to the house. Apparently it was delivered this morning.
Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 19:19 #17 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:Holy hell fire, that was fast :D

One of my neighbours just brought my software round to the house. Apparently it was delivered this morning.

Oooo! Maybe mine will come tomorrow, that is fast!

Read the CS5 T&C's and you have to send off to Adobe for the Serial Codes. Just need to find out what kind of proof you need to send them, that price is too good to miss out on.

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 20:26 #18 

raistlin
Got round to installing this today :)

No nasty surprises. It comes on three genuine Microsoft DVDs complete with product code and installs and activates perfectly.

The only caveat is that if you want to install the 64 bit application you must first remove any 32 bit office software, which my Office 2007 was.

I'm a happy bunny :D
Paul

Posted 19 Jul 2010, 17:56 #19 

Bermudan 75
So when you refer to student licence, you don't mean the licence I got provisionally as a student but am still using to drive my 75 30 odd years later?????????? :mrgreen:

Posted 19 Jul 2010, 22:26 #20