Student Licences by Mad-Monkey (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
So long as you don't get them mixed up, you'll be fine!

Sorry officer, here's my licence, as you can see I have the complete 2010 package...

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 06:41 #21 

Mad-Monkey
It has only just turned up!! Bloomin thing!! Not too bad though because my monitor did as well today! Just need to work out why I have 3 DVDs...

Has microsoft done away with the autohide toolbar thingy that was on office97 :D I loved that, so useful!

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 22:32 #22 

raistlin
Monk wrote:It has only just turned up!! Bloomin thing!!

Ah, but it needs to go through Customs if going to Solihull ;) :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 06:51 #23 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:It has only just turned up!! Bloomin thing!!

Ah, but it needs to go through Customs if going to Solihull ;) :gmc:

It wouldnt surprise me if some of the people round here actually thought they were seperate to the rest of the country! :D

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 07:50 #24 

raistlin
David,

A word of caution.

I installed Office 2010 on my lappy today and although the activation seemed to go OK, the products showed up as
Product activation failed

I did some research on the 'net and it seems to be a well known bug in the setup which Microsoft conveniently forgot to deal with when they finished the beta testing and before releasing to retail.

The solution I found, was to re-attempt activation but by telephone. It's a freephone 24 hour automated number and it did the trick for me.

So if you haven't activated yet, can I suggest you do so by telephone in the first instance so as not to be inconvenienced?
Paul

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 20:23 #25 

JohnDotCom
Good tip Paul.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 22:13 #26 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:David,

A word of caution.

I installed Office 2010 on my lappy today and although the activation seemed to go OK, the products showed up as
Product activation failed

I did some research on the 'net and it seems to be a well known bug in the setup which Microsoft conveniently forgot to deal with when they finished the beta testing and before releasing to retail.

The solution I found, was to re-attempt activation but by telephone. It's a freephone 24 hour automated number and it did the trick for me.

So if you haven't activated yet, can I suggest you do so by telephone in the first instance so as not to be inconvenienced?

I activated over the net last night (before seeing this) and it went ok. Where can I check whether it has definately activated??

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 08:07 #27 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Where can I check whether it has definately activated??

If you open one of the programs and click on 'FILE', the drop down list will include an option to activate if it hasn't been previously activated.

If activation has successfully taken place, there will be no option.

The error which i had was that, although there was no option to activate, the program window contained a caption stating 'Program not activated' or words to that effect.
Paul

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 08:11 #28 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:Where can I check whether it has definately activated??

If you open one of the programs and click on 'FILE', the drop down list will include an option to activate if it hasn't been previously activated.

If activation has successfully taken place, there will be no option.

The error which i had was that, although there was no option to activate, the program window contained a caption stating 'Program not activated' or words to that effect.

Thanks Paul, I will check tonight. Only installed it on the home PC and kept the 2007 version on my laptop. Not actually used it yet so I don't think I would have noticed for a while :sleep: :o

If you had no option to activate did it prompt for an activation code to be input, or is there another way of doing it. I guess it should be straight forward when I look at it.

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 08:17 #29 

MrB
Monk wrote:Just need to work out why I have 3 DVDs...

Has microsoft done away with the autohide toolbar thingy that was on office97 :D I loved that, so useful!

Oh boy are you going to notice a difference if your old version was 97.

No file menu at all on '07, Office icon used instead, so I assume the same on '10?

The menu system is much nicer, it changes based on the what you are doing. They are more logical but if you are used to the old ones, that weren't, they take some getting used to.

I am an ICT Teacher and it took quite some getting used to '07 when it came out. Love it now though.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 08:33 #30 

Mad-Monkey
I think mine is properly activated, it reports as activated in the 'About' info. I've used it a few times with no problems so hopefully all is well. Cheers for the information though Paul.

MrB I had 07 previously but I miss the quick launch toolbar of 97' it use to autohide out the way which was nice.

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 16:59 #31