Strut top bearings..... by loz1971

loz1971
My turn to do this tomorrow, and the drop links, as the weather is going to be sunny. I think I will also have a go at adjusting the handbrake.......................wish me luck!!!ImageImageImage

Oh, and any good advice will, of course, be greatly received!! :thumbsup:
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 14 Aug 2010, 19:42 #1 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:My turn to do this tomorrow, and the drop links, as the weather is going to be sunny. I think I will also have a go at adjusting the handbrake.......................wish me luck!!!ImageImageImage

Oh, and any good advice will, of course, be greatly received!! :thumbsup:

Good luck :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 14 Aug 2010, 19:43 #2 

Duncan
First bit of advice, do the handbrake last. You don't want it eating into the time for the other job.

Second, be careful with the spring compressors. They can tend to slip round to one side. Are you changing the springs at the same time?

With the drop links, I had one that I couldn't budge the nut where it fixes to the strut leg. Hacksaw is the quick and easy answer.

If you do get onto the handbrake, a torch is very useful for seeing the adjuster. It seems to be in rather randomly: the little toothed wheel can be at either end, depending on assembly at the factory and / or when someone changed the shoes.

Posted 14 Aug 2010, 19:52 #3