Stickers by goodlittlewifey (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

goodlittlewifey
Good little hubby just asked, do we get stickers for joining this forum

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:37 #1 

JohnDotCom
Eventually maybe. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:38 #2 

baconbuttyman
may i say one thing...shiney new chromey GRILLL BADGE please,
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:53 #3 

75owner
baconbuttyman wrote:may i say one thing...shiney new chromey GRILLL BADGE please,

You wanna watch it or you´ll come to a sticky end..... :stirer:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 09:08 #4 

Fred
JohnDotCom wrote:Eventually maybe. ;)

Sounds familiar. :gmc:

Nice to feel at home. :mrgreen:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 10:07 #5 

bse1966
good idea of stickers good way of getting more members to join as they will see them when they look at the cars :unionflag: :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:25 #6 

JohnDotCom
If ever we produced a sticker for the car it would be of the Vinyl easy remove no glue type and a optional chargeable one at that.
Bearing in mind we are free couldn't afford to send them out.

The "free" ones that are covered by membership fees and part of pack elsewhere,
could I just advise not to stick them on your rear window over elements (they are large)
the nasty glue on them makes them virtually unmovable without damaging the heated screen elements.
This isn't a dig at all and a friendly advice message as I know what happens. :em: :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:30 #7 

Ragman
That is assuming one has received a welcome pack

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:32 #8 

goodlittlewifey
our *free * sticker is now in the bin, its not free as you only get it when you pay the £10 subscription fee

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 20:23 #9 

steven
If the forum did decide to have stickers then I may be able to offer a printing service. My brother in law wraps cars and prints signs for a living and is wiling to get some digitally printed for no profit if we wanted them.
Does this look familiar?

Continuing to support the 75 community wherever they may be

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 21:44 #10 

JohnDotCom
I will pass your offer onto the Crew in case they miss this post.
Many thanks.
John

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 21:53 #11 

steven
JohnDotCom wrote:I will pass your offer onto the Crew in case they miss this post.
Many thanks.

Not a problem. He can also do magnetic signs for cars and all the other standard sign generating type thingummies. :)
Does this look familiar?

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:03 #12 

DeuxGazoles
I particularly liked a certain director's defensive post about the long awaited membership packs on another forum I sometimes look at, he said it was a very costly proccess.........................yeah but surely he already has the money from the paid up members :confused:

Just an observation :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:04 #13 

Trebor
this is where this forum will hopefully excel, that is using the expertrise/contacts of members who can offer offer a service to the 75/ZT community to produce something that has been requested, without being dismissed by the powers that be without much investigation

peace pipe smoking nano elder
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:22 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
steven wrote:If the forum did decide to have stickers then I may be able to offer a printing service. My brother in law wraps cars and prints signs for a living and is wiling to get some digitally printed for no profit if we wanted them.

Thanks for the very generous offer, I am logging all offers of this type in a special database so when we come to needing / organising such we can just look you up rather than the "I seem to remember someone said something about that" symdrome.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:28 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)
goodlittlewifey wrote:our *free * sticker is now in the bin, its not free as you only get it when you pay the £10 subscription fee

Best place for it, The URL was wrong as well. Allegedly they are having them reprinted with the correct URL. I bought that URL on behalf of the club to save someone else jumping in when I noticed the error. I own it and it is pointed at the Owners Club site. Unfortunately they have not set up the VS their end so it just points to a default page on their server. It will be up for sale if they are not going to make use of it. http://www.75ztclub.co.uk

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:35 #16 

Ragman
Mick wrote:
goodlittlewifey wrote:our *free * sticker is now in the bin, its not free as you only get it when you pay the £10 subscription fee

Best place for it, The URL was wrong as well. Allegedly they are having them reprinted with the correct URL. I bought that URL on behalf of the club to save someone else jumping in when I noticed the error. I own it and it is pointed at the Owners Club site. Unfortunately they have not set up the VS their end so it just points to a default page on their server. It will be up for sale if they are not going to make use of it. http://www.75ztclub.co.uk

Now that will be an interesting discussion - nice one!!!! :rolling:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 23:40 #17 

PaulT
DeuxGazoles wrote:I particularly liked a certain director's defensive post about the long awaited membership packs on another forum I sometimes look at, he said it was a very costly proccess.........................yeah but surely he already has the money from the paid up members :confused:

Just an observation :mrgreen:

Tut, tut - you obviously do not understand - along with everyone else.

Changing the subject slightly, it is very noble in making this site free but surely you are experiencing costs for bandwidth etc and whilst you may get some of this, or possibly all of it eventually, from advertising, I am most certainly not adverse to paying a subscription, but do be open about finances.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 06:50 #18 

steven
As you are keeping a database I also have quite a lot of knowledge of SQL databases and general IT support so if you ever need anything just ask.

Also I have 40gb or so spare space and 4gb a month bandwidth at your disposal for fixed pages such as how to's, images etc..

I had offered the sticker production to the other club but I don't think they were interested that much.. They already had a supplier.

I'm about to get a run of digitally produced Rover and MG logos in various sizes that I'll be offering at cost..
Does this look familiar?

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 10:40 #19 

Mick
(Site Admin)
steven wrote:As you are keeping a database I also have quite a lot of knowledge of SQL databases and general IT support so if you ever need anything just ask.

Also I have 40gb or so spare space and 4gb a month bandwidth at your disposal for fixed pages such as how to's, images etc..

I had offered the sticker production to the other club but I don't think they were interested that much.. They already had a supplier.

I'm about to get a run of digitally produced Rover and MG logos in various sizes that I'll be offering at cost..

Very kind of you to offer those services. I have at the moment 10's of gigabytes of space available on the hardware server run by HBB he is you may note here as an admin but that is just in name, so he can check how we are set up in relation to Apache on the server and other parameters. Simon is right on the ball with programming php, css, and other IT related stuff (technical term) We are fine up to 100 members logged on at the same time without taking a hit on speed. I can at any time have another disk added to the server. In time if the membership grows to need more bandwidth then we will move onto our own hardware server.
Currently due to the good graces of HBB and his clients our space on the server is FOC. Once we have an income we will be paying but that will be a very small charge per month. I won't say how much as it will just make some people sick. :)
In the meant time the only expenses incurred have been £11.75 for the purchase of the URL I think I can stand that. :D :D

We'll have to get permission from Xpart to use / sell Rover and MG logos as we have a good relationship with them and the copyright is theirs. I doubt they will object.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 12:58 #20