Stand-up airline seats unveiled by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
Stand-up airline seats unveiled

An aircraft interior design company has released the first images of controversial new 'stand-up' plane seats.

Italian firm Avioninteriors, which is developing the SkyRider seat, claims it will offer both cheaper fare options and more capacity on board, reports Travolution.

The designs were released just months after Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary said that he planned to introduce standing room on his flights, with tickets selling for as little as £5 per passenger.

A representative for the company producing the seat said: “The SkyRider is intended as a new basic class. The passenger’s seating position is similar to that of a touring motor-scooter rider.

“This posture permits that the overall longitudinal space occupied by the seat with the seated passenger is far less than that of a conventional, very high density 28-inch economy class seat.”

It also claims that the new 23-inch seats will allow airlines to increase passenger numbers on board.

Air safety regulator the CAA is expected to turn down any proposals to introduce the 'standing seats' on UK airlines.

The FAA has also said only a "madman would contemplate fitting these" :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 14:36 #1 

zojosc
JohnDotCom wrote:
A representative for the company producing the seat said: “The SkyRider is intended as a new basic class. The passenger’s seating position is similar to that of a touring motor-scooter rider.

So do passengers have to stick their knees out when banking over? :gmc:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 14:42 #2 

JohnDotCom
zojosc wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:

So do passengers have to stick their knees out when banking over? :gmc:

Well that belt is never going to hold you. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 15:37 #3 

James.uk
zojosc, he said:-

>>>So do passengers have to stick their knees out when banking over?<<<

Pray what else could they stick out?? :shock: :em: :roll:

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 17:52 #4 

SpongeBob
Next they'll be introducing bicycle saddle style benches aka tandem looking rows whereby you'll have to peddle to get the prop's spinning fast enough to get you air-born. :panic: :lol:

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 18:15 #5 

Trebor
" The FAA has also said only a "madman would contemplate fitting these "

Ryanair will be first then !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 06:09 #6 

Bernard
Trebor wrote:" The FAA has also said only a "madman would contemplate fitting these "

Nothing would induce me to fly with Ryanair again, not even if the tickets were a negative price.

Mind you, there are some other airlines also in the same category. :(
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 13:07 #7 

Chartermark
And O'Leary will have outside paying toilets too.

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 16:12 #8 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:
Trebor wrote:" The FAA has also said only a "madman would contemplate fitting these "

Nothing would induce me to fly with Ryanair again, not even if the tickets were a negative price.

Mind you, there are some other airlines also in the same category. :(

i have not faith in Ryan air :whump: from my time with them :hissyfit: :angry:

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 16:41 #9 

starbug2
can't say i like the seats either :whump:

Posted 15 Sep 2010, 17:00 #10