Spam email and PM issue now resolved by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
As you may be aware one of our members "inadvertently" sent a single PM to the group "registered members". Resulting in each registered member receiving the PM and also an email notification that the PM had been sent. in one instance a recipient of this PM replied to all registered members.
We had presumed that this option to send to groups was limited to admin access only, alas we did not check to see if it was available to all members, resulting in the above situation.

This has now been rectified, registered members can no longer see the option to send to groups and furthermore are now limited to sending a PM to a maximum of 5 named members at one time.

Our apologies for this lapse in setting these options correctly in the first instance.

The Crew

Posted 14 Dec 2010, 17:07 #1 

Bernard
Spoilsport! :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Dec 2010, 17:58 #2 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:Spoilsport! :gmc:
:angry: well that my plan stopped :lol: if i had noticed in the first place :lol:

Posted 15 Dec 2010, 15:29 #3 

JohnDotCom
starbug2 wrote:
Bernard wrote:Spoilsport! :gmc:
:angry: well that my plan stopped :lol: if i had noticed in the first place :lol:

Thats what we thought, times a few hundred mailings! :D :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Dec 2010, 15:44 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
starbug2 wrote: :angry: well that my plan stopped :lol: if i had noticed in the first place :lol:

What's all this Yoda speak? :scared:

Posted 15 Dec 2010, 16:40 #5 

starbug2
Mick wrote:
starbug2 wrote: :angry: well that my plan stopped :lol: if i had noticed in the first place :lol:

What's all this Yoda speak? :scared:

well i do goto sci-fi conventions :gmc:

Posted 15 Dec 2010, 18:06 #6