Something like these... by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
... is what I'm after :)

Rover part number:- YPC116330

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-YPC116330

I'm hoping that somebody knows of a generic equivalent which doesn't cast the ridiculous price that these go for.

They perform much the same function as Scotchloks but they do it reliably.

Anybody have any ideas please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 18:08 #1 

tez75
Hi check "mgroverpartfinder.com" there seem to be some places showing that part number
at a reasonable price !
regards terry

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 18:23 #2 

Bermudan 75
Hi Paul,

I have one here that you can have, I found it in the big bag that had all of the other clips etc for my power wash upgrade. It was left over from when we fitted my TrafficMaster unit.

Mike

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 18:29 #3 

Bermudan 75

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 18:33 #4 

raistlin
Hi Mike thanks :) I'm actually looking for about 50 to 100 to replenish my nano-box :) But thanks for the offer mate, it is really appreciated.

Dixon Bate want more that even Rimmers do :(

I was hoping to find a generic at RS or Maplin, where they would be a reasonable price because they wouldn't be tagged with the Rover name.
Paul

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 18:37 #5 

Duncan
RS stock number seems to be 731-2962. Looks the same to me in any case.

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 19:18 #6 

raistlin
Spot on Duncan... and look at the price :) Cheers mate, I never thought to use IDC in my search.
Paul

Posted 02 Apr 2012, 19:40 #7 

PaulT
Oooh - they are cheap in comparison.

I need some for when I put the trailer loom in to the new car. Perhaps not the best way of connecting in another cable but mine survived for 130k in the old car. Scotchloks are very bulky compared to these. I baulked at paying the price to Rimmers but think RS will be supplying me with some as well.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 03:42 #8 

raistlin
PaulT wrote: Perhaps not the best way of connecting in another cable

I've never had a moment's trouble with these Paul. I'd guess because the conductors have double the contact area, being a twin bladed device. In addition, they are more precisely manufactured. Scotchloks, however... :(
Paul

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 05:42 #9 

PaulT
As I said mine had been installed for 13ok miles with no problem. When connecting in to the rear lights there is not much room and these take up very little space as opposed to the big that blue things.

The towing loom comes with a module labelled B*W so presumably they use the same on their add ons.
Paul

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 06:27 #10 

Duncan
Personally I'd still never use them, but I agree they are better than the others. At least they give a modicum of cable support.

Just because the box inside is made for BMW (why do people have an issue with the name?) doesn't mean they have anything to do with this accessory kit.

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 06:58 #11 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:Just because the box inside is made for BMW (why do people have an issue with the name?) doesn't mean they have anything to do with this accessory kit.

To the first part of your question, do not know - have never wanted a BMW BUT the engine is superb.

I presumed that they also sold a towing wiring kit so presumed that if they are selling it as one of their parts (as MG Rover did with the kit for their vehicles) that they would want to be sure of the quality.
Paul

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 07:08 #12 

raistlin
100 just ordered :) £34 with free next day courier delivery from RS.

Rimmers? It would have been £379 plus delivery - Cheers Duncan :D
Paul

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 08:26 #13