SmartNav ECU and switch for sale. by raistlin

raistlin
Following my experimentation and installation of SmartNav, I now have a genuine OEM SmarNav ECU (Engine Control Unit) and OEM switch up for grabs.

The ECU and Switch both have all their connectors and several inches of loom.

I paid £60 for both items. Anybody want them for £35?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jun 2014, 17:19 #1 

raistlin
Nearest offer?
Paul

Posted 19 Jun 2014, 20:00 #2 

woolleysox
Hi Paukl

are you now up and running with smart nav or have you decided against it?

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 26 Jun 2014, 18:55 #3 

raistlin
woolleysox wrote:Hi Paukl

are you now up and running with smart nav or have you decided against it?

Rob

I bought a complete kit Rob. Just having the time to fit it :)
Paul

Posted 26 Jun 2014, 19:47 #4 

Bermudan 75
What does it do and where is it fitted please Paul.

Any pictures of one fitted anywhere?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 27 Jun 2014, 16:55 #5 

raistlin
Mike, have a look at THIS.

Basically they act as a real time navigation service but also if you ask for something a little vague, they can give you precise details. They also act as a sort of concierge.

When installed in the 75 or ZT all you can see is the button in the centre console. The rest of it is stashed away. The OEM setup doesn't have the display but I understand it can be bought from fleabay and fitted if required. However, to keep the look of the interior, it might not be to your taste and the SmartNav is fully functional from the button anyway :)
Paul

Posted 27 Jun 2014, 18:06 #6 

woolleysox
HI Mike I have the smart nav kit installed and it works a treat. I have the nav and speed camera package its on an annual subscription. As I have the DD unit I use the maps on that and the nav on the smart nav work fine for me. I also have the smart nav small screen have never fitted it. You can also receive incoming phone calls but not make outgoing calls other than too Smart nav operator. a tracking service is available they will call out the breakdown service if required. Take a look at the next nano if you wish. Im sure Paul will also be happy for to take a gander at his set up as well.

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 11:58 #7 

raistlin
woolleysox wrote: I also have the smart nav small screen have never fitted it.

Rob, I'm "umming and arring" about fitting the screen. In my view, the only place it can go is in the cubby hole by the driver's knee, in which case it will be obstructed and will require a considerable movement of eyes from the road ahead to see the visual cues.

In your view, what are the advantages of using the SmartNav display, if any?
Paul

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 14:23 #8 

woolleysox
Hi Paul

My first smart nave was factory fitted and did not have screen and I did not have a sat nav in the car and it worked fine. When I purchased this car it had the hi line mgr sat nav and was very clunky and part only post codes. So I decided to have the smart nav fitted. Apart from when I first purchased the screen I soon changed my mind and decided against it. Originally I used the smart nav with the Mgr sat nav display until I had fitted the dd unit. Most of the time I have a good idea on my route and only re quire the sat nav display on local roads to final destination . So I won't be fitting my smart nav display I understand you can get colour or black n white my smart nav display is black n white . I'ts a pity if you have the touch screen not to use it but it could do with being quite high up to allow you to see it . Maybe on the dash drivers side above the little cubby hole would be better.mm(Tom Tom style) You could try a phone holder clipped to the air vent next to drivers steering wheel to test out. I have mgr phone holder that's used to replace the cup holder you could try but I feel it would be far too low taking your eyes of the road

Hope to see you at the July nano

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 15:41 #9 

raistlin
Thanks Rob, food for thought.

I was thinking of getting rid of my speedtrap detector which is already in the position you suggest. I suppose, if that's not been nicked over the years I've had it, the Smart Nav screen won't go missing either :lol:

The Smart Nav display fixing is a rather ugly metal bracket so I might need to consider something better.

I am determined to get to the next nano Rob. So much so that I haven't mentioned it to any of the family :lol:
Paul

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 15:59 #10 

woolleysox
Could you fit a plug and socket and only plug the display in when required for use.? Also some of the new phone holder would I think should hold you're display in place better than the metal bracket. why not see what folks have at the nano and you may be able to borrow one to try for location and looks if it's ok purchases and fit yours..?

Speak to you soon.
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 16:35 #11 

raistlin
I've been trying to find a suitable holder Rob and nothing seems designed for the SmartNav display :(
Paul

Posted 06 Jul 2014, 16:43 #12