Small ones PC gone POP.. by ceedy

ceedy
Built this PC out of old junk some while back
And its just gorn pop ..
I suspect the CPU as the fan was clogged ...hope not the board as well

So I'm after a super cheap/free ;) board and CPU, it has to be a MicroATX as its a small case.
and the current setup is the old Socket A/462 , so either or both could help or a completely pair of different cpu/board.
All my old stuff has mostly been chucked out ..,
so am under pressure from the weeny one!!! ..

heres hoping someone might have a something lying about

heres hoping

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 22 May 2012, 11:01 #1 

Merl
An old socket A!! didn't think any of them would still be around... or not many. I will have a look but I have a feeling my ex had my old socket A CPUs for a spare... I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Ergh can't believe how much some places are still selling them for as they can't be worth much now and you would think it would be better to sell for a big loss and get something rather than nothing!

Some cheaper used ones on ebay though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPox-EP-8KLM2 ... 231d725849

only a 1.3 duron and sd ram... depends what it is being used for...
Martin

Posted 22 May 2012, 12:54 #2 

ceedy
The suspect CPU is or was ? a 2600 amd so 1.3 is a bit slow , but still faster than this one LOL.
C.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 22 May 2012, 13:28 #3 

Merl
ohh 2600 barton core? definitely a lot quicker than a duron! I remember overclocking them...
Still faster than that one? what on earth are you on there??? must be a nightmare :(
Martin

Posted 22 May 2012, 14:38 #4 

Zeb
I have a spare socket A cpu...and maybe motherboard..or two....cpu is ok but cannot remember re the motherboard/s? If you get stuck I will have a rummage....

I even have an athlon 550mhz 'brick' chip too! :D

Posted 22 May 2012, 16:20 #5 

Merl
I can't find mine so think the ex must have had them all as it was for a server...

Bloomin eck Zeb that is a brick! mind you I still have my P75 in the garage ;)
Martin

Posted 22 May 2012, 18:44 #6 

ceedy
if this is now a mine older than yours ... :-D :-D

Then ? just come across ,

A couple P200's,
A P166
and
A Cyrix MII .. :roll: :gmc: :gmc: :gmc:

Posted 22 May 2012, 22:02 #7 

Merl
haha My P75 still beats you ;) and well it has a 75 in the title!!! oh just realised think it was about 20 years ago when I got that as I would have been about 14... lol

I feel old now!
Martin

Posted 22 May 2012, 22:27 #8 

Zeb
My first was a 486.....Amstrad no less....

Posted 23 May 2012, 07:04 #9 

Duncan
Still have some 6502 and Z80 based stuff. 1K Ram (yes 1k of which about half could be used).

Sorry don't think I have a processor that's any help though. I'll have a rummage just in case.

Posted 23 May 2012, 11:55 #10 

ceedy
Despite my recent clearout ,

I've refused to get rid of my 9 Amigas and 13 various Spectrums and 1 ZX81 and all their addon's

so sad !!
:gmc:

Posted 23 May 2012, 12:15 #11 

ceedy
Merl wrote:haha My P75 still beats you ;) and well it has a 75 in the title!!! oh just realised think it was about 20 years ago when I got that as I would have been about 14... lol

I feel old now!

I know what you mean , But its fun when the grandkids show off their latest PSP or NDS game

and I can say .. had that on the Amiga/spectrum years ago :-D .

Actually Sure I've a IDT winchip in the loft somehere.. why .? don't ask !! :-D

Posted 23 May 2012, 12:19 #12 

ceedy
All Hail the mighty Arctic :hail:

Steve has saved the day , he's sent a box of PC bits N bobs and I've had a fun day playing about ..

Looks like the lil ones PC is well and truly saved !!!

Cannot thank you enough Steve!!!!

Have a few more smilies . :hail: :hail: :hail: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope I can reciprocate sometime ..

Posted 25 May 2012, 18:12 #13 

Merl
Cool glad you fixed it!
Martin

Posted 25 May 2012, 23:53 #14