Site request.... by Dave

Dave
Just noticed that when I clicked on a link in a thread, it opened up in the same window as this illustrious site (ie, this place vanished :| )

Is there a way to set up the function so it automatically opens in a new window, or do I have to resort to right-clicking? :hissyfit:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 16:01 #1 

JohnDotCom
Will have a look at that for you.
I did notice it to be honest and just back clicked when I had finished,
yes lazy I know.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 16:08 #2 

Dave
BoeingMan wrote:Will have a look at that for you.
I did notice it to be honest and just back clicked when I had finished,
yes lazy I know.

LOL! My problem is that I move away and then, ahem, forget to come back.....

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 17:12 #3 

JohnDotCom
Can't have that will get a reply from the boffins for you.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 17:38 #4 

Dave
BoeingMan wrote:Can't have that will get a reply from the boffins for you.

Just what I was thinking! :mrgreen:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 18:27 #5 

SpongeBob
Unfortunately you cannot do this due to knowing which links go to external sites or those links which go to somewhere on here. Due to this you will have to stick with either right-clicking (or control-click on Mac) and selecting 'Open in new Window' or 'Open in new tab'.

Hope that helps. :)

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 18:38 #6 

JohnDotCom
Thanks for the Clarification SpongeBob.
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 18:40 #7 

windrush
While You are on here when I click on to unread posts it starts me off on post one and I have to go though the lot before I get to the one that I am looking for Am I making sense

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 19:30 #8 

SpongeBob
Not sure why not Derek - I have noticed a few discrepancies with the software and this may be one of them. I'll try to take a look in the files to see what is going on :)

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:13 #9 

Dave
SpongeBob wrote:Unfortunately you cannot do this due to knowing which links go to external sites or those links which go to somewhere on here. Due to this you will have to stick with either right-clicking (or control-click on Mac) and selecting 'Open in new Window' or 'Open in new tab'.

Hope that helps. :)

Shame...... Used to work fine on older phpBB but I guess that's progress! Thanks for looking!

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 22:17 #10