Shill bidder caught... by Bernard

Bernard
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 16:31 #1 

JohnDotCom
Good result.

A shame EBay don't deal with the warnings sent to them quicker and appropriate action against the seller like suspending their accounts.

I often get the impression as long as EBay gets its fees it isn't to worried about the Punters. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 16:47 #2 

Trebor
amongst the items he sold was a pie and pasty warmer, wonder if our psuedo french member was caught out, come in deux gazoles
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 17:22 #3 

Rammie
Trebor wrote:amongst the items he sold was a pie and pasty warmer, wonder if our psuedo french member was caught out, come in deux gazoles

:lol: :lol: I am amazed you haven't heard from him :confused:
Brian

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 21:17 #4 

richardwjackson
JohnDotCom wrote:Good result.

A shame EBay don't deal with the warnings sent to them quicker and appropriate action against the seller like suspending their accounts.

I often get the impression as long as EBay gets its fees it isn't to worried about the Punters. :gmc:

I recently bought some Sennhesier headphones off Ebay for the missus. She had them for a few days then said that they didn't sound very good and were worse than the supplied ipod headphones.

I have the same Sennheiser headphones, compared them and they were totally different, in sound and manufacturing quality. They were clearly fakes.

I got a refund off the con artist that sold them to me and complained to Ebay regarding the counterfeit product. I also contacted other ebay members who had purchased them.

I complained over a month ago, and he is still trading and selling these items. By my reckoning based on his feedback he has made £15000 from this con over the last 6 months!!!

Ebay could not care less and its a disgrace! :x

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 21:29 #5 

Duncan
Been the attempted victim of shill bidders a few times on the bay. Even though the system now makes it hard to detect, it is still sometimes patently obvious what is going on.

If I spot it, though, I don't bid again. A few times, the item has been relisted, and on one ocassion I was even given a second chance offer, cheeky so and so. I declined the offer, as even though it was for a price I was prepared to pay, I don't like people who take the proverbial.

I know some people justify it to themselves, but in my book it's against the rules, and obvioulsy the courts agree, at least in this case.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 12:38 #6