Sharks Fin Location & HK'ing a Loom by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Evening All,

Sadly a few questions to plague you all with.

Have got a hi-line loom fit to a tourer coming up and was wondering if anyone knew how to work out where the sharksfin goes - is it marked or does it have to be worked out?

Also, I've heard that one can adapt a hi-line loom for HK - how do you go about this?

Thanks in advance,

Bestm

Jake

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 22:05 #1 

JakeWilson
Managed to get the sharks fin location sorted, but I've my own fit coming up this weekend and wondered if anyone knew about Harmon Kardon Intergration?

Thank you,

Jake

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 09:30 #2 

PaulT
So what is the position for the sharks fin?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Sep 2011, 12:06 #3 

Duncan
It's not marked, sadly. Someone measured theirs for me and I hacked a relevant hole in the roof.

If you want, I can measure mine and post it here.

Integrating the HK isn't so hard. In a standard loom, the speaker wires run from the radio (RHS wheel well) up to the connector behind the display unit. You need to connect these to the output of the HK amp, and connect the radio outputs to the input of the HK amp. Eight wires in total. Luckily the eight wires will already run past the HK amp location.

Then you need to add the power and grounds. I'd reccomend running new thicker wires down the car from the plug behind the display.

Do you have access to the wiring diagrams? It will make it much easier to explain....

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 17:37 #4 

JakeWilson
Hi Duncan,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the help as ever. I've not got access to the wiring diagrams sadly :-(

Think we've sorted the sharks fin out as well.

All the best,

Jake

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 20:19 #5 

Duncan
Are you going to be there next weekend? Be easiest to look at / discuss then if you are.

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 20:44 #6 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:It's not marked, sadly. Someone measured theirs for me and I hacked a relevant hole in the roof.

If you want, I can measure mine and post it here.

Duncan

Could be useful if you do not mind
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 19:32 #7 

JakeWilson
Looks like I won't be able to get over sadly, I do however now have the RAVE wiring diagrams thanks to Russ,
Paul, we've made up a template that will show you the centre point for the sharks fin. For it's position lengthways, it's pretty much governed by the loom - we've fitted one so far, and although it may not be the factory position, it doesn't look far off.

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 19:54 #8