selling cars and stuff. by 1gp

1gp
i have just had to sell my 75 , and had lots of intrest from people who have come to live in our country now ( you know the sort) lol. anyone else have the same intrest when selling goods nowdays...

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 09:35 #1 

Zeb
For many from Eastern Europe this is a great way to get a great car cheap to take back home...

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 12:06 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rovers are very well received and accepted by our Eastern European cousins and just about everybody else other than the few English owners.

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 12:15 #3 

Duncan
My Polish friends loved the 75 as soon as they saw it, and said they would buy it if I was selling. Which I'm not incidentally. 75's are more common than you would think in Poland, too, as are other Rovers.

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 13:54 #4 

Bernard
Each time we go to Spain, one of the neighbours there offers to by our 75 for good money. He is quite smitten with it even though it's a RHD. So far I've refused, how would we get home otherwise?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 16:49 #5 

JohnDotCom
So far I've refused, how would we get home otherwise?

Fly!............... ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 17:47 #6 

Bernard
JohnDotCom wrote:
So far I've refused, how would we get home otherwise?

Fly!............... ;)

Hmm. I'd have to leave the wife there, she can't fly anymore.
Now if it was the other way round..... ;)

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 18:54 #7 

Jürgen
If you can't fly back, why not just stay there in the sunny south then? :D

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 20:32 #8 

Bernard
Jürgen wrote:If you can't fly back, why not just stay there in the sunny south then? :D

Very tempting but would have to come back for the V8. 8-)

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 20:36 #9 

Jürgen
Bernard wrote:Very tempting but would have to come back for the V8. 8-)

Oh well, I could do the transfer for you. But you would have to wait a bit, as I would have do a little detour ... :lol:

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 21:08 #10 

Dallas
Yes! in my line of work (Retail) I have many a dealing with other countries, in person and by phone, email etc.

Just in person I must have at least 40% of my customers who are from other countries, and most of them are more polite than us British. :rolling:

P.S My wheels I've had up for sale for the past couple of weeks have just sold earlier this afternoon, local lad who has just come over from Spain with his lovely lady. They actually drove their 75 from Spain to the UK, great couple and very friendly (he was smitten with my old set of the stunning 15" Contour's) sold for £125 in the end.

I pointed them this way to the club....... :thumbsup:

Posted 19 Jun 2011, 21:11 #11