Seat Swaps by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Had a rummage around the 190 yesterday evening (like you do!) and I found that the wiring is there for electric seats :D

Now, on Monday I'm off to Essex with Colin to get amongst other things some, blue monaco seats, now these are manual, but I was wondering if you could fit these onto some electric heated 75 frames and plug them in?

Anyone know if it's possible or if anyone has done it?

Ta muchly!

Jake

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 14:00 #1 

DeuxGazoles
I think you'll find it's a case of swapping the upholstery & foams onto a set of electric frames, quite an involved job but not impossible to a man of your talents :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 14:17 #2 

JakeWilson
DeuxGazoles wrote:I think you'll find it's a case of swapping the upholstery & foams onto a set of electric frames, quite an involved job but not impossible to a man of your talents :mrgreen:

Oooh that sounds like it's 'appenin' then. Just been on Rimmers site and all the elements look to be the same. Anyone got a pair of heated elec 75 seats for about £40? :D :gmc:

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 15:15 #3 

DeuxGazoles
JakeWilson wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:I think you'll find it's a case of swapping the upholstery & foams onto a set of electric frames, quite an involved job but not impossible to a man of your talents :mrgreen:

Oooh that sounds like it's 'appenin' then. Just been on Rimmers site and all the elements look to be the same. Anyone got a pair of heated elec 75 seats for about £40? :D :gmc:

I know where there's a pair for £50 but god knows how you'd get em though :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 15:22 #4 

JakeWilson
Bring them on the train! East Coast might do a 'bring your own seat' disount! :D

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 18:15 #5 

Duncan
I don't think 75 and ZT frames are the same. They have different part numbers on Rimmers. No idea what the difference is though. We may find out next Sunday when we rip Merls car apart. Hopefully someone can help document the job by taking photos of the various bits of shredded fabric and foam.

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 19:19 #6 

JakeWilson
Thanks Duncan,

I'll be there all being well so shall watch with interest. Would be a shame if they were massively different.

Jake

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 20:10 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
AFAIK the frames are the same it's the foamy bits that are different to accommodate the sticky out bits on the ZT seats.

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 20:40 #8 

Duncan
Mick wrote:AFAIK the frames are the same it's the foamy bits that are different to accommodate the sticky out bits on the ZT seats.

You may well be right, but why would the part numbers be different? Or have I misread the rimmerbros website?

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 21:45 #9 

JakeWilson
There are that many different part numbers, confused.com doesn't even come close. I can't see why MGR would use different parts as it's not like them if they can run one part for all the cars.

Shall have to try and get a frame to have a look at

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 22:03 #10